Monday, September 10, 2007

I did what?

Today Sophia did great! She seems to be back on schedule. Of course, now that I say that she will have to prove me wrong. I was finally able to work out today and it felt great! I found my Shuffle so that helped distract me. It still had the songs on it from when I worked out pre-Sophia. Obviously it's been a long time.
Today is one of those day's where I can't think of what I did, but I felt as though I was busy all day. It seemed like I was picking up the house all day, which doesn't make sense b/c it was pretty clean to begin with. Funny how meaningless things add up so quickly. I guess by the time I worked out showered and picked up upstairs, it was time to get Ethan from preschool. Then I only have a few hours before I have to get Aubrie and Boston. I did spend some of my time trying to figure out what kind of wedding cake I'm going to make for YW on Wed. It's going to be a wedding/marriage theme, and since Erin knows I've made cakes, I got the job. Unfortunately, it has been several years since I have made a "Wilton" cake, since I have opted to do the ice cream cakes for birthday parties. I sure hope it turns out alright.

Oh, weird thing. I was thinking I wanted to put flowers on the cake, particularly yellow roses. Ben called me from Sams and I asked him if they had yellow roses there. He said he wasn't sure. He then came home w/ yellow roses. I asked him if he got those for my cake and he said "No! I had them in my hand when you asked me and I started to look around to see if you were in the store." He was way weirded out!
For Family Home Evening we had a lesson on gratitude. Our neighbors, Bailey and Andrew, brought over a lot of their old books on Saturday and gave them to Aubrie and Boston. Aubrie received about 12 Junie B. Books along with some others, and Boston received about 10 books, also. We made some cookies along w/ a thank you card and delivered them next door to show "thanks"! We also took them to our new (not really, but we haven't met them yet) neighbors on the other side of us. We also took them to a few other families on our block. The kids had a good time and were anxious to get home for the left overs.
We ran a little long and so it was crazy trying to get the kids off to bed and me out the door. I had to get to Micheal's ,for the cake stuff, before it closed. I barely made it. Tomorrow I'm going to attempt the cake. I'll take a picture, if it's not too horrible. Luckily it's not for a real wedding or anything.

0 comments: