Monday, October 29, 2007

Still sick and carving pumpkins

Here is a picture I took the other night when the kids stayed up late to watch a movie. Guess Ben makes a good pillow!

Anway, today didn't really go as planned. I was planning on dropping Ethan off at school and then head off to Sophia's 6 month appointment. Instead, Ethan woke up throwing up, so I had to call Ben home to stay with him while I went to her appointment. Poor Ethan was so pathetic. He couldn't even keep down some Tylenol I gave him for his fever. It all ended up on himself and Ben! I had a lot of laundry to do when I got back. I had to strip his bedding and so he got the special "sick" bedding. It's old Buzz Light Year bedding that I put on the boys beds while I wash their sick ones. It makes them feel a little special.

Sophia's appointment went well. The wait was a little longer than usual, about 20 minutes, but once I got in it went pretty fast. She had Dr. Mitra. I like him a lot. We just talked about different medical philosophies until we realized we were ignoring the main reason we were there, to check Sophia. I like a Dr. who doesn't make me feel rushed. Anyway, he said that she looked great! She weighed in at 14lbs. 5oz, which was the 15th percentile. He said she is still following the same growth curve, and so there was nothing to be worried about. She was just petite! She is tall, however, 26 3/4 inches...the 75th percentile. Definitely Ben's genes working there. Poor thing had 5 vaccines today, along with a flu shot. She did pretty well, considering. She cried as they were sticking her ( Hate that more than anything), and as soon as I held her she stopped crying. She slept well this afternoon, but tonight was a little fussy. Poor thing!

When I got home I told Ethan he needed a nap. He was so cooperative. He just walked upstairs, climbed in bed and was out within minutes. He apparently wasn't feeling well. He woke up around 3:30 and was feeling himself, again. He wouldn't stop eating from the time he woke up until dinner. Guess he was making up for not eating anything before then. Poor boy could hardly drink water this morning!

After dinner tonight, we decorated our pumpkins for Halloween. They are small pumpkins and so we were able to finish them really fast. Good thing, since Monday's are crazy with Aubrie's dance, FHE, etc.










While we were carving pumpkins I asked Ben to get my Halloween container, hoping that I still had one of my carving kits. Unfortunately there wasn't one, but Ethan found some stuff in there he liked. Here is what he did with the fake flowers he found in there.
Hopefully tomorrow will be uneventful. We are having our year walk through tomorrow. I can't believe we have almost been here a year already. Time has flown by!







Aubrie's fancy nails!! They don't even look like kid hands, huh? They only lasted a few hours! Long enough to scratch my back!






Aubrie's new 150 piece puzzle...she couldn't keep Boston away!

0 comments: