Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Looks WHO's 1!!!!


Hard to believe that Sophia turned 1 today! Time has gone by so fast. I can't even remember being pregnant and her delivery seems like another life. Funny how that works! I know God works it that way so you will have more:) Sophia is my first child not walking by her first birthday. Aubrie took her first steps at 9 months, Boston and Ethan 11....and then there is Sophia. She is happy to crawl and when her bare knees hit the ground (when I have her in shorts or dresses), she lifts up her knees and crawls with her feet and hands! I'm alright with her not walking, because once she does I am in trouble! She is just like Aubrie; very active. She won't sit in the grocery carts, wants to explore every cupboard in the house, and won't sit still on any ones lap longer than a few minutes! Because of that, I'm really surprised she isn't walking yet. It probably has to do with the fact that she is so little still. She is my first kid to still be riding in the infant car seat. I just bought her the cutest brown and pink car seat (yes, over indulging...she is my last you know) and when I read the instructions it said it was for kids over 22 lbs! Will she be in it before she is two? LOL Will she ever get to turn around and face the front? The kids are excited for that to happen because then she will get to "watch movies". Yeah right! She isn't the least bit interested in that!



Today, for her birthday, I decorated the house with some cute wall cut outs and banners. I made a simple cake and one of her favorite foods...Pennie Alfredo! The kids were so excited for her birthday "party". They were a little disappointed when they found out it was just our family. They thought the cousins, aunts, uncles, etc...were coming. I told them she didn't know the difference, but I didn't think about how it would have been fun for the kids. It's funny how Aubrie and Boston had these HUGE birthday parties, when in fact we had no older kids to really enjoy them. I guess I should have switched things!! After dinner, we sang Happy Birthday and gave her her cake! Sophia tried using the fork a bit. Then she tried using her hands, and then resorted to licking it! After cake, she opened some gifts. The kids were so cute about gifts. This morning the boys were up early (6:30) making her a gift. Boston took a plastic container, that holds some of his toys, emptied it out and put his baby blanket and Mickey Mouse hat in there. He got an old card and wrote on it. It said something like, "Happy Birthday Sophia. We hope you have a happy day. Love Boston and Ethan". Aubrie gave her one of her stuffed animals. Sophia wasn't very interested in it because Aubrie wanted to give her gift last and by then Sophia was into her toys and not very interested in a stuffed animal. Aubrie's feelings got hurt and she started to cry. I explained that she would love it when she went to bed and that she was distracted by the "noise" toys. She felt better after that! Ben and I got her a See and Say and a little piano. She really liked the piano. After presents, she got to play outside a bit in the sand box. Wow! I still can't believe a year ago she was just an infant in my arms! What a sweet little girl.




She laughs when you sing to her
She likes eating peas from a can, strawberries, avocados, grapes, blueberries, meat, and yogurt
She looks like Aubrie
She likes to the Ball Popper and knows how to work it!
She likes putting things in her mouth, especially paper
Refuses to use a sippy cup! Ugh!
Rocks to music
Hates being in a room by herself
Tries to climb anything and everything


This is what she was up to while I was taking a shower the other day! Look at that devious look!

0 comments: