Friday, September 19, 2008

I'm Rich!

So the other day Boston was complaining that he was out of socks and he had to wear flip flops to school. I guess flip flops cramps his tether ball performance because, "If it comes off he has to stop and put it on, and then he might lose." So tending to my "Motherly" duties, I washed all of his socks and put them in his sock basket, that's kept in our mudroom. The basket was so full it was almost overflowing with socks! This is all leading up to something, I promise. So this morning, as they are getting ready, I hear Boston exclaim, from the Mudroom, "Yahoo! I'M RICH!!!". Confused as to what he is even talking about, I ask , "What?" He says , "I"M RICH IN SOCKS! Thanks Mom for washing my socks!" So I do get brief moments of appreciation, and it's over clean socks! You can leave that type of appreciation up to Boston almost every time!

2 comments:

Holly and Chris Kneeland said...

That is so funny! Oh the little things that kids appreciate. If only adults could find joy in such little things!

Tamzen Fleming said...

That's cute. I wish my kids would get as excited as I do over clean piles of laundry!