Saturday, October 18, 2008

An "Eventful" Friday

So my pants seemed to be fitting a little tighter lately. I'm not sure if the water setting on the wash was hot, and shrank them? Or......maybe it has something to do with the fact that these are on my counter and they started like this and now look like this!!! This wasn't the first time filling them up, either!!!! The Holiday Junk Food Express has officially started, and the only way to combat it is exercise. I have been so incredibly lazy, when it comes to exercise. Getting up early is not appealing. Working out while Sophia is napping, instead of doing something else, isn't either. Nigh time I just want to lay down and relax. So what to do? I finally decided to sacrifice a little sleep for a little health. Friday Erin, Kari and I met at 6:15 AM for a nice hike around the mountain, by my house. Amazingly it wasn't hard to get up, and it felt GREAT! I look forward to more! Hopefully it stays that way!

After my hike, I rushed home to get the kids ready for school, before I headed out the door for Aubrie's parent/teacher conference. Aubrie did great this quarter, making the Principals list. It is a nice change having her at a school where she feels accomplished. Anyway, my Mom watched the kids for the short time while we were there. In that short time, Ethan threw up all over the couch and down the hallway to the bathroom, and Sophia slipped and fell in it (reminds me of a scene from "Cheaper by the Dozen"). In 15 minutes, all that happened, and my Mom still managed to have the floor and couch cleaned up and Aubrie bathed! Go, Super Grandma! I then sat with Ethan for over an hour, while he continued to be sick. He was being so good about it all, even though it was so pathetic. I told him he was being so brave, like a firefighter, and that we should go get him a costume when he's not sick anymore. Ethan finally fell asleep around 9:30 and once I got Sophia down, I joined them. Guess the early morning got to me!
Around 12:30, Ethan showed up down stairs (he was sleeping that whole time) fully dressed and saying he was ready to get the costume. That kid was probably dreaming about it the whole time. Luckily he was feeling much better; enough to eat 4 scrambled eggs and some toast.
The day ended with a late dinner with the Lorenzana's, a round of goofy golf, and cards!

0 comments: