Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Vegas Girls Trip

The Hotel gave me 50 dollars in slot credit for booking. I was laughing as the floor attendant was having to show me how to use the "card" and how to bet, etc. I think he also got a kick out of the fact that I was printing out a receipt every time I won! I had about 5 receipts in my hand ranging from 2 dollars to 10 dollars by the time I used up the 50 dollars. I think he was getting a kick out of all of us grown girls, not having a clue! LOL

In front of the Bellagio and too many cameras! LOL
Dinner at Maggiano's
Inside The Pallazzo

The Vegas Girl's trip came much faster than I thought it would, and boy was I ready for it! A great show, "childless" shopping, and girl talk was just what I needed! Kristen picked me up at 7:30 AM, and after getting Michelle, we headed over to Brooke's where Cherice met us! We then headed out about 8:00! The drive went fast, with all the girl talk there wasn't a silent moment! We rolled into Vegas around lunch time, and tried checking in to the hotel early. We stayed at the Pallazzo, the new hotel that is connected to the Venetian. They let us check in early, and for a little extra they gave us a room facing the strip, on the 46th floor! The view was amazing! Definitely worth the upgrade! Right across from the hotel was the Fashion Show Mall, a mall that has about every store imaginable! We got a bite to eat at California Pizza Kitchen. I had my favorite, the Sicilian Pizza! After lunch we did some shopping, and then got MAC makeovers at Nordstorms! It was so fun getting all made up for the night! Everyone looked GREAT! I was even daring enough to wear fake eyelashes. They looked great when they did it! It was a little hard to get used to my made up face, because I'm used to no more than some mascara and sometimes a little eyeliner. Perhaps I'll attempt what they did when Ben and I have a fun night out! After our makeovers, we went back to the hotel and got ready for the show! Did I mention the show was "O" at the Bellagio! I have been wanting to see that show since before Aubrie was born, and was so excited to finally see it! We grabbed a quick bite to eat at a Deli type shop right outside of the theatre. Most of us got Sandwiches, which were big enough to split, and since we couldn't take food into the theatre, most of us had to throw half of it away! I hate that! It was a great BLT, though!
The show started at 7:30 sharp! The show was AMAZING!!!! Worth every cent! Just when you thought they couldn't do anything more daring and unbelievable, they would! I didn't want it to end! I defiantly plan on taking Ben to see it sometime! After the show we were thinking of seeing Blue Man group, but then opted to check out the Hotel and some of its venues. We ended up back at our room for some more chatting, and was in bed around midnight! The beds were heavenly; I'm surprised I didn't sleep in longer!
Saturday was such a relaxing day. We took our time getting ready, and had a nice relaxing breakfast at a wonderful European type restaurant at the Venetian. The Waffles were so delish! After breakfast, we headed to the Premium Outlets! They had such awesome shopping! I couldn't escape from there without a new purse, and I am LOVING it BTW! It's just the right size, and I LOVE the color! I also made some purchases for the kids, at the Gap, and picked up a shirt for Ben at Banana! I have to say that I executed a lot of restraint, since there were so many other cute things at my fingertips! The nice thing about shopping was that we had all day, and we just all took our time and didn't feel rushed. I LOVED that! I always feel rushed no matter when I go shopping, always feeling like I have to be somewhere, or get back to the kids! After we got our feel of the outlets, we went back to the strip to have a nice dinner at Maggiano's! The helpings there are so big, so I ended up splitting a few dishes and a salad! I got the Tiramasu, which I wouldn't recommend, at this restaurant anyway! I love that dessert, just not there! After dinner, we headed back home! I was so tired, but stayed up the whole time talking to Kristen, who was driving! I was the last "drop off", and walked in the door close to 1:00am! Ben was excited to show me a surprise he had been working on for me, and then I discovered his new purchase (it can be dangerous when I go out of town!;); a new IMAC for his office. After showing me the stuff, we stayed up talking for about 30 minutes......what a long day, but totally enjoyable, laid back, and relaxing! Thanks girls for a great trip!

3 comments:

Cherice said...

I loved the trip too! thanks for all the planning. I will be ready for another one later this year.

mmhunter said...

i'm ready for another trip! let's start planning!

Holly and Chris Kneeland said...

I am so jealous! That sounds like so much fun! I wish I could have been there with you!