Saturday, June 5, 2010

Summer...a different busy!

As we were driving back from Cali, I kept remembering that school was out, and I wasn't going to have to rush back into my normal routine. The truth is, I have just traded one routine for another. I signed the kids up for diving and Boston and Aubrie for gymnastics. I realized that Ethan can take up to 4 Karate classes a week for the same price, so I have been trying to take advantage of that. So with all of that and me trying to fit in the gym (which was only 50 percent successful this week), and getting in some swimming in our pool every day, our days are full. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it, but I have actually enjoyed it. It keeps the kids busy, and away from the TV and video games, and I have been able to stay and watch the kids during their activities for once. Typically I'm dropping them off, trying to get dinner ready at home so they can get in bed at a descent hour. Now I can just watch them and not worry about early bedtimes and us having a late dinner.

The kids are enjoying their new activities. Their first diving class was a hit for them, but the second was not so great for Boston and Aubrie. They started them with back dives, and the height of the board freaked them out. Ethan had no problem with it (obviously he has no inhibitions). Boston and Aubrie started crying at practice, they were so afraid. Boston said he wanted to quit. When we got home I got them into the pool and on the diving board. Boston got over his fears and is actually doing pretty well at his back dive. Aubrie is still wimping out. I told her if she can do a back walkover she can do a back dive, but the height thing and hitting her head is still freaking her out. I'm hoping more gymnastics will get her over that!
Speaking of gymnastics, they are both LOVING it. The coach came to us this week and told us that Boston needs to move up. So that works out GREAT for us, because now they both have class at the same time! Ethan watched them a bit and asked if he could do gymnastics, too. I told him that Karate was good enough for him right now. Ethan is doing very well in Karate. He is testing for his Orange belt next week. I love watching him do all of his Kata's. Karate is perfect for him.

Ben and I ended a full fun week with a date that included dinner, shopping, and playing Settlers with some friends past Midnight. Today Aubrie has her dance recital rehearsal. I wrapped her her hair with the fabric strips. It wasn't as easy as last year for some reason. Still trying to figure out what I did wrong. It still looks descent. Guess I better get showered and get her ready! In the years past I would have laid out all her costumes last night, and been working on her make up already. But here I am in my PJ's doing this. I guess I have let go a bit!

0 comments: