Saturday, July 9, 2011

Meet Rango


Well we lost another lizard, and so Ben came home with this guy! Actually, we don't know if its really a guy but I call "it" one anyway. Ben bought this Bearded Dragon on a whim while he was at Petsmart getting crickets for our last living lizard. (Which recently died after Sophia picked him up by his tail TWICE!) When Ben handed me the brochure he picked up when he got Rango, it said he would grow up to two feet long! We threw him in the aquarium with the other lizard and just fed him crickets and mealworms. When I was getting my nails done today, my friend (who does my nails) was telling me about their Bearded Dragon and all that is required to take care of him . Aubrie was with me, and so after getting our nails done, we ran to Petsmart for our lacking supplies. Now he lives in a cage with carpet instead of rocks and his food dish is full of fruits and vegtables. We also gave him his requried bath and held him for a bit. So much for getting a low maintence pet! Now we will have to get a "pet sitter" when we go out of town. I have to admit, he is pretty cute, and fun to play with! But I suggest reading a pamphlet about pet care before you actually buy one!

0 comments: