Thursday, March 22, 2012

Hawaii Day 6 &7

Day Six was our relaxing day.  We spent the entire day at the resort.  We first started at the beach.   The water is to cold for me, but I enjoyed laying out on the lounge chairs taking in the scenery, and nice weather.  The kids had fun with those pool squirter that I brought a long.   After some time at the beach, we made our way back to the lagoon pools.   There the kids hung out going down the slide, enjoying the hot tubs, playing tag, and eating snow cones! I went to the gift shop and bought an in inter tube that Sophia used for most of the day. (Should have bought that earlier)    I ordered lunch poolside, and we all enjoyed some yummy food.  The kids had some really good chicken strips and of course I ordeded a turkey panini, which was do delish!   After awhile the boys headed up to the room to watch sports, and the girls hung out down by the pool.   Around 3:00 we decided we better go in and get out of the sun, before our bodies become lobsters.   Later that evening we went back  to eat dinner at the resorts restaurant.  It was very pricey, but the food was amazing!  It included a salad bar, that the kids loved, and the soup of the day was lobster bisque, which was also amazing!   After dinner, we spent some time mingling with friends we had made at the resort.  We then took the kids back to the room, and then Ben and I went back to the beach and laid on some lawn chairs, to enjoy some time alone.   I'm so glad our last day was spent relaxing. The only thing that could have made it better was a spa treatment:)
Day Seven (Sunday) we just slept in and then packed up.   We thought we would stick around the resort, but we weren't really in the mood to get wet and then dress in the locker rooms.  We stopped at Target to get some snacks for the flight and then stopped for lunch. We  made a stop at Big Kahuna's pizza, again.  Well, I guess I should say, Aubrie, Ethan and I stopped there.  Ben and the others ate Hawaiian BBQ next door.  This time I tried the Spinach and tomato pizza and loved it!  Once the cheese balls were ready, everyone miraculously showed up from the other restaurant....big surprise.
After lunch we headed to the airport.  And when we got to the terminal, there were our friends we had made, ready to leave on their flight back to California.  We  exchanged information, and now we keep upu on eachother on  Facebook!  We look forward to seeing them again, next time we go to Ko Olina!    The flight back was good.  Aubrie and I read books, and the others watched movies.   We sat at the very back of the plane, which was nice being close to the bathrooms, however we were last to be served dinner, and by the time it got to us girls, the only thing left was curry pasta.  I was not too happy about that.   The turkey sandwiches should have been offered up to the little kids on the plane, before the adults, if they are going to offer such a "different" meal choice.   Luckily we brought snacks.  We got into Phoenix at midnight, and got home about 1:30.  I let the kids sleep in and checked them in at 10:30.  What an amazing trip!  The kids ranked it right up there with the cruise.  I was so happy that they liked it so much.  I'm so excited to go again!


0 comments: