Sunday, August 26, 2007

Play Ball



It is every father's dream to watch his kids play ball. The other day we were outside and the boys grabbed the tee and started hitting balls off the tee. It was fun to watch them play together.
They took turns and each smacked the ball. I am very impressed with them and most impressed with how they encouraged each other and worked together.
Aubrie also gets in on the act occasionally and I love to watch them all play. Aubrie right now is more into her Heelies and Hoola Hoop. It is amazing to me to watch the kids grow up so quickly. I am always worried that they are going to start picking up my bad habits and doing what I do. I see some of the things that they do and I cringe. I need to keep working hard to not let them fall into the same traps that I did. I need to be a better example so that they can be better than I was. Ethan is really starting to come into his own. He is speaking very well and can express himself very well. The other night he was saying prayers and I thought he was finished. I was getting ready for his closing when he stopped and proudly said, "thank you for letting me hit my balls!" I almost died. I tried so hard to maintain my composure. He obviously did not get what he said since he is innocent and pure and I am jaded and rotten. I love the kids and they are so fun. They always get me when I am not ready. They say the funniest things and really follow our lead. Ethan's favorite expression is "this is going to take 2 ever" instead of take for ever. He is a very sweet boy and is the biggest daddy's boy in the world. When he gets hurt I am the only one who he will go to. I am the only one who can get him out of the car seat. He always tells me that he loves me. It warms my heart when my kids tell me that. I am so lucky to have each of my children.

0 comments: