Sunday, September 2, 2007

Weekend Update

Thursday was normal...thank Heavens!! No news is sometimes the best news, right? The kids had a normal day, and that evening my Mom and I were able to catch a movie. She has been begging to see Becoming Jane, a movie about Jane Austen. I didn't realize that was who the movie was about till the very end. It was slow and sad, but good to know her story. Her life was a lot like her books!

Friday I did a lot of organizing, part of a project I'm doing for PP. I have been putting it off since we moved here. I have been conquering closets...getting them ready for food storage. It felt good to purge myself of all our junk! Ben finally went to the doctor for a tetanus shot and the spots on his back. He then had a round of golf with Sione. We didn't have our normal date night. My Mom left for Texas around 4:00, with my brother Joe, so we didn't have a sitter. As soon as Sophia woke up from her afternoon nap, I surprised the kids and took them to Chuck E Cheese. On my way there I was thinking how I would have never attempted that place by myself when it was just Aubrie and Boston. Now I'm not even flinching to take all four kids by myself!
Right by Chuck E Cheese is one of my favorite Mexican spots, Mixteca. I told them that's where we were going. There was actually no complaining, and Boston actually said "Oh, I love those quesadilla's!" What?? Oh ya, Aubrie new about the secret b/c she keeps the coupons in her room (how funny is that?) and I had to ask her for one. As I started to turn into Mixteca I made a quick turn toward Chuck E and the kids were all ecstatic. The promised to be good and listened to everything I said. As I was in line and getting out my coupon and Chuck E. Cheese cups, the couple behind me said "Look at you! You have four kids and you are still organized"! I just laughed thinking inside that they should have seen my life a few days ago as my child was running away, and my baby didn't want to sleep all day.
I ordered everything and got a good spot right in the middle of everything. Aubrie helped me get my salad and fill the drinks and the Ethan stayed close since I only gave him one token at a time. He and Boston played air hockey, that was right by our table, for about 10 minutes. They both were having a good time, and Ethan gave him a pretty good game! The pizza came and I made the kids eat a piece before they played more games. Ben arrived half way through eating pizza, just in time...as Sophia started to fuss! After the kids ate their first piece they got to play another game. After that, Ethan was so cute. He would get a token, play a game, bring back his tickets and put them in his cup, take a bite of pizza, wipe his hands and mouth, take a sip of soda, and grab another token. He did this routine the whole time. Aubrie and Boston scarfed their second piece down and collaborated at getting the longest ticked chain ever. Boston would run and grab tokens while Aubrie fed them in the "Chance" machine. They ended up with a ticket chain of 175 tickets. The girl at the ticket counter was so cool. She didn't even add up the tickets and basically gave me the look that it didn't matter. I didn't want to take advantage, so I told the kids to pick two things each. After Chuck E, we came home swam and watched Robin Hood, with some home editing. The kids loved it!

Saturday Ben cleaned out the small garage and I cleaned out the pantry...only a few bedroom closets to go!! Yeah! Aubrie spent the day at Alexis' and the boys went to Home Depot for their "kids" Saturday. The boys came home and painted their projects and swam. When Aubrie got home, Ben took the kids to Target and they picked up a Slip and Slide and some steaks for dinner. They had a great time sliding on the slip and slide, reminded me of the simple day when I was a kid! After the steak dinner, we swam (do I really need to say that anymore? LOL) ,and watched National Treasure. We totally forgot that we had that. We are always trying to find movies the kids can watch and can't believe we forgot about that Disney movie! The are excited for the new one to come out.

Today was church. Things ran pretty smooth until it got out and Aubrie's teacher told me she left the group and went to the bathroom w/ out permission. I was so furious since this just happened. She said "but Mom I didn't leave the church". She then said her earring was coming out and she had to fix it. I had to explain to her that her teacher is responsible for her she can't leave the group without her permission. She said " I was so good in class Mom, I just needed to fix my earring". It's so hard to explain to her things that are not appropriate for her to do at her age. She probably sees the Senior Primary kids doing something like that and thinks "I'm sure that's alright for me to do". So INDEPENDENT she is!! (My Star Wars coming out there, ha!)
When we got home I made her spend a few hours in her room, reading! She then tried to suck up big time by recruiting the boys into making an indoor "tea party"! (Herbal tea of course:) They set up the tea set on the upstairs table, had bowls of applesauce, grapes, and miniature marshmallows on our saucers. It was very cute! I can't believe I forgot to take a picture!
After dinner we did our normal ritual, Funniest Home Videos. Sophia had a hard time going down, again, so I finally decided to give her a cereal bottle and she seemed much happier. After her last appointment I stopped giving them to her b/c the doctor said they didn't really make a difference. I don't think I really agree with that b/c her naps have been worse and she hasn't been falling asleep as soon as I lay her down. Of course she is rolling over on her back now, so I'm sure that has something to do with it. I'm still going to try the cereal again and see if it gets better.
Wow! That was a long entry. That's what happens when you don't write for a few days!!

0 comments: