Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Prognosis!

So yesterday, around 9:00, I called and left a message for Sophia's doctor. Not the nurse, but the Doctor. He called me back within the hour and he told me to come right in to look at it. I got to the office and they called me in before some people who were already waiting. (Yeah, I felt a little special:) It was just what I thought it was, a Staph infection. Aubrie had something similar on her little bum, several years ago, and I knew it looked like that. He wrote me up a prescription and I was out of there in under an hour. I told him how I was a little frustrated that the Nurse Practitioner told me it was a bug bite, when I knew that it wasn't. I then made sure to tell him that he does a great job, though. Don't want to bite the hand that so easily works with me:) He told me how he will hear Mom's complain about their Pediatricians when he is waiting for his daughter at dance, etc. It just makes him laugh. I told him he should bring cards. LOL He really is a great Doctor. You know they are good when they don't discount your concerns and they admit that your right! Anyway, her foot should be cleared up soon. The lesson here is to never ignore your mothering instincts!!!

2 comments:

jenn goodman said...

Sounds like a keeper! I love those kinds of docs!!! Mom's always know best!

Tamzen Fleming said...

Did you find the NP and tell her she was wrong and you were right?;)