Thursday, October 16, 2008

Serioulsy!!

Quite often, I start hearing a particular word (not profanity!), or start seeing a certain expression on my kids face, and wonder, "where did they get that from?" We'll, lately Ethan has been saying , "Seriously", A LOT!! It sure doesn't look as cute written down, but to hear his cute voice inflection when he says it, and how he uses it, is absolutely adorable, coming from a 4 year old! Last night I asked Ben if he knew where he got that word from, and within just a few minutes of inquiring, I caught myself saying "seriously"....just like he says it! Funny how kids pick up on things that you don't even realize you do yourself. Suddenly I'm starting to feel uneasy about the crusty looks Aubrie can give!

3 comments:

Tamzen Fleming said...

Funny. It's crazy how so many times we don't realize how we sound or look until we see it coming from our kids!

mmhunter said...

that's my favorite word! has he been watching grey's anatomy cuz they say that a lot on there! :)

the 2nd tallest tree said...

That's better than what my 2 yr old wanders around repeating. She will be playing by herself, and out of the blue I will hear, "Dang it, dang it, dang it!" Wish I could say I have no idea where she picked that one up from, but I have since discovered that I tend to be a very vocal driver and find myself spouting my frutrations while driving.