Sunday, September 6, 2009

A "Glimmer"

Ok....this isn't the best picture, but I still had to post this. To escape the heat, and do something different, I took the kids to the mall. The boys always take their wallets in case they see something they want to buy. Our first stop was at the play area. Boston and Aubrie are too old to play, but if they are watching Sophia, I allow it. Anyway, they just put this merry-go-round right in front of the play area. As we were walking there, Boston saw it and said he wanted Sophia to ride it. I told him it costs money, and that I didn't have it. After we were done in the play center, Boston pulled money out of his wallet and paid for Sophia to have a ride! Sometimes your kids can drive you crazy fighting, and you wonder if you had made an impact or taught them anything, and then they go do something so selfless and kind, giving you a glimmer of hope that you have done something good! I just loved how he was so excited to do this for her. What a sweet boy!

1 comments:

Becky Jones said...

I love it when my kids do something like that. I wish it were more often but you take it when you can. (BTW it is so fun seeing what you're up to through your blog.)