Thursday, March 18, 2010

Rocky Point...it's been too long!

So I'm asking myself, "Why, why, why, have we waited so long to go back to Rocky Point?" Well, I know why, but it was a long overdue get away! After having a PACKED month, and all the drama life brings, it was a needed treat! The weather was PERFECT, the Tides were low, and the beach and resort was full of families for the kids to play with. Sophia was at an enjoyable age, loving everything, even down to the wave runners, and looking for sea life during the low tide. What amazing family memories made!

We started our trip Sunday morning. We didn't have the most pleasant start, as Ben hurt his back as he was putting a suitcase in the car. (It wasn't heavy, he just stretched the wrong way!) I ordered him to lie down, while I got everything else organized and packed in the car. I drove to Gila Bend, so he could relax and ice his back. We got to Rocky Point around 3 (an hour before check in) but they gave us the key anyway. We unloaded and got situated first (as always) before we headed out for fun. I was much happier with this condo, and think it's a keeper from now on.
The boys were happy to have their own room and quickly unpacked and organized (boys after my own heart!). They were so excited to show me their work!

Aubrie claimed her own spot!
We headed down to the beach first, enjoying a cool breeze and watching the tide recede.




The kids running out to the sand bar that popped up when the tide was low. It was so much fun to go so far out!
After a few hours on the beach we headed to the pool for a bit of hot tubing and time on the slide. I headed up early to get dinner started. After dinner, we headed into town for some Thrifty ice cream, our favorite treat there! Sophia was going on and on about ice cream, and fell asleep on the way there, but had no problem waking up once we go there! Boston got his Cotton Candy (blah), and Ethan and Aubrie got Oreo (Yum). I got my Coco Crunch (Double Yum!) and Butter Pecan. Ben got Mint Chip, that ended up being Sophia's, so I ended up sharing mine with Ben! After ice cream we headed back for movies and a game of Clue before bed. We definitely made the most out of day 1!

1 comments:

Cherice said...

Sounds like you enjoyed it! What condo did you stay in? We have only been once. and we are looking to go again this year!