Saturday, May 1, 2010

10, 14 & 35

Anyone know what these numbers have in common? They all happened on the same day! Here is to another Pribyl Holiday, also known as April 26th! Aubrie turned 10, Ben and I have been married for 14 years, and I am now officially in my mid-thirties! That doesn't even sound right typing that last one. I don't feel that old, except maybe by the end of the day!


This year Aubrie had her birthday party at Castle and Coasters , but for her actual birthday we put streamers in door, took ice cream sandwiches to her class, let her skip dance, and took her ( and me) to Texas Roadhouse. We also let her open her gifts. It's kind of nice when your kids want clothes for their birthday, because it's like killing two birds with one stone. (And as I type that saying I'm finally realizing how cruel it is!) A month before her birthday I had her circle things she wanted in the Justice catalogue, and I went there with a 45% off coupon the next day. A whole summer worth of clothes for 150 bucks!!!! Aubrie thought she hit the jackpot, and so did I with that smoking deal!!!

My birthday was spread out over the week. This year my friend wanted to do something big, but after last years huge celebration with friends, I wanted to stay low key. Ben took me out for lunch and gave me my gifst on my birthday, and several friends took me out throughout the week and dropped by with gifts. I have to say that doing it that way was fun, but not good for the scale! Lots of eating out sure catches up with you fast! I am grateful for so many good friends who turned a start to a sad birthday into an amazing one. Heavenly Father's tender mercies helped me see how much people really cared about me. He is always so good at finding ways to help me see that, when I have hard things come up! It's so great to know that he looks after me in such personal and specific ways!

Wednesday Ben and I had the opportunity to make it to the temple for our monthly visit. I was afraid we were going to miss it because his recommend had expired and we didn't realize it till we were getting ready to go a few weeks ago. Our calendar was full and I was panicking that we would miss this month. I dropped a few things on Wednesday to make sure we could go. It was a great experience. The sealer spoke with the group for about 15 minutes, answering questions and offering insight and advice. What a great way to celebrate and remember the commitment we made 14 years ago. It's hard to even imagine our life then. We have been parents for the most part of our marriage, and those first 4 years without them seems like such a distant memory, and one that while was fun and effortless, is not half as fulfilling as the one we have now with our beautiful family. While April 26th often seems busy with all the celebrations, it's also a GREAT day and a reminder of how my life IS a celebration mainly because of my marriage and my family! Here is to another PRIBYL DAY HOLIDAY!!!

0 comments: