Monday, August 23, 2010

Back to School 2010

Seriously, I really have a 5th grader??? How did that happen??? I just can't believe how old my babies are getting. I think that's another reason I have a hard time with school starting up again, besides the fact that they are gone from me so much. I miss them, and the house seems empty.
The first day of school started bright and early at 6:30. I decided that we needed to get up a half an hour earlier than last year, so mornings could be less stressful, and so scripture study didn't feel so rushed. It was a great change. The kids were ready in plenty of time. Piano practiced, chores done, etc with a half an hour to spare. That was worth getting up early.




I drove them and walk with them to campus the first day.
Ethan was more interested in sitting his stuff down and playing on the playground. It was a challenge to get him to stay long enough for this picture. He said, "Why do I need a picture, she was my teacher last year? Can't I just go and play?" LOL
Boston looked around for friends and didn't want me to take his picture.
Aubrie found her friends and chatted till the bell rang.
Then it was off to take Sophia to preschool. She was so excited, and when we got there, she didn't give me a second look as she ran off to play with friends.
When I left I wasn't too sad, probably because I was going to the gym, and would have had her in the daycare anyway. I really started missing her when I went to the grocery store. It was lonely not having anyone with me. I think I chatted it up with the cashier more than I normally do. It will be really hard for me when she goes to Kindergarten. I will admit that preschool will come handy for visiting teaching, dr. appts, and volunteering at the school. But beyond that, I'm going to miss having her around for my daily errands and routine.
When I picked her up she was so excited to show me her green stamp, and she was so happy. I'm glad that she finally gets to go to school; something she has been wanting to do since Christmas!
The kids had a great day at school. Boston seemed to snap out of his whole "I hate my class", and seemed to be liking it just fine. Ethan is so laid back, he would be happy with anyone. Aubrie likes her teacher, and loves that her best friend is in her class. There is also a new boy she thinks is cute, that likes her back. I keep thinking this puppy love is too early, but when Ben and I think back we remember liking people in 5h grade. Luckily it's not too big of a deal. Today she said, "If he wants to stop liking me, it's ok with me. I'm just a fifth grader you know." I think it was just great for her to know she is likeable... and why wouldn't she be? She is full of personality, and is so cute. Of course, they never take your word for it! ha ha
I think this is going to be another GREAT school year.

0 comments: