Monday, August 23, 2010

The Last Hurrah

The Saturday before school, we spent all morning cleaning the house. I haven't been on top of things during the summer, like I normally am....my attempt at letting go! So we all got our lists of things to do and got to it. I told the kids there would be some prizes for the fastest, and the best. It was no surprise when the first done was Boston. It never takes him longer than an hour to complete any list of chores I give him. Aubrie on the other hand is thorough and takes forever. After some swimming, Ben and I decided that one last night out with the kids would be a good way to end the summer. Some how we needed to reward the winners, so we wrapped it in. We let Aubrie pick what restaurant we would be going to that night (we were counting on Ah-So), and Boston the movie (there was really only one to choose from....the Kitty Galore movie). It was a good time. Sophia sat through everything. It's amazing how much easier things are getting with her. Life is good!

Gotta work the chopsticks (balance beam injury on her eye)

0 comments: