Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas Morning 2010

Christmas morning started at 7:00 am! The girls had already peeked downstairs and were anxious to get started. We started off with our traditional Christmas Family Home "Morning". I read the Christmas Sweater and talked about the things that really matter during the holidays- like spending time with family. Then we made them wait at the top of the stairs and then turned the lights on. Their eyes lit up as they tried to make out the presents below. It was a mad rush to the living room!
Boston wasn't quite sure what his gift was at first! Then we told him to go outside to find out!Sophia tried hers out instantly! She then discovered the Dora in her stocking! She saw one day at Walgreens and when she turned around it was gone. I stuck it in my pocket and then bought it without her knowing. Sometimes the little things bring the most happiness!
Now that's a Nurf gun!

All the kids were so thoughtful this year, making sure to buy everyone a gift with their own money. The boys bought each other the same thing from the Jingle Bell Shop at school. I was volunteering at the Jingle Bell Shop when they did that. I was wondering what their reaction would be. Boston opened his first! Great minds think alike I guess!
Got Playdoh?
Aubrie racked up in the clothes and cash category and got the crimper she wanted!
Ben asked for a 58 degree wedge. I told him I went to get it and they sold out. I actually bought it and wrapped it in a huge box with lots of towels. Lucky for me, when he went to Golf Smith the following day they were sold out, so my story was believable! He also got car washes, new shoes, a crepe pan (that I mainly use now), and a new watch!
More skinny jeans!
Gifts from the boys to my Mom! She was the first person they shopped for when they came into the Jingle Bell shop! So sweet!
Taking in moment to enjoy his new shoes I guess!
Craig joined us for gift opening and stayed through the morning!
Excited about the book Boston bought her at the book fair!
Still half asleep while opening tonz of new clothes, a nice Victoria's Secret robe, perfume, golf clubs and all the accessories to match!
Think he likes Joes gift! He didn't jump around like this when he saw his ipod touch!
The aftermath!

0 comments: