Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Kids say the darndest things in Primary.

This Sunday I substituted for Ethan's primary class. During sharing time they ask if anyone had any missionary experiences, and if they do they get to put a jewel in a jar. A few kids raised their hands, and one talked about how he spoke to a kid on the bus about the church. After that kids comment, I look next to me to find Ethan with his hand raised. The primary leader conducting looked at me and I shrugged my shoulders as to say, "I have no idea what he's going to say!" Boy was I in for surprise. Ethan says...

"Today when I was getting ready for church my brother was saying potty words and I told him he shouldn't talk like that. He then asked me why and I said, 'Duh, its the Lords day!'" It was the first time, in a long time that I laughed so hard I cried!! Tears were streaming down my face. I did good to not laugh out loud, and all the other leaders tried to avoid looking at me to avoid laughing. The leader kindly reminded him that they had to be missionary experiences with someone who isn't a member of the church, and then she moved on! I leaned in and asked Ethan what kind of potty words Boston was saying, almost afraid to find out. He told me that he was just making fun of Ben. Whew! That was a close one. Not that I condone the teasing of Ben, but much better than other things I could imagine! The whole experience makes me wonder what else he is saying in Primary! Maybe I should put a wire on him! LOL I should mention that when Boston was his age, his primary teacher told me that he said we were smoking when we went up to Utah. We finally figured out he was talking about our breath in the cold! When your in the Primary you have to take the stories they tell you with a grain of salt!

0 comments: