Sunday, January 9, 2011

Another Season GONE!

Well today I had to say goodbye to another season of my life. That would be the season of having nursery aged children. Last week we didn't make it to church because of illness, so today was Sophia's first time in primary. After Sacrament she took off with Ethan, and I ran after her and said there was no way I was relinquishing this moment! I brought her to her row and sat her down and gave her a big kiss and hug. When I left she had her arms folded and was reverent as can be. I held back the tears as I left. I then peeked on her a few minutes later to find her talking to a friend behind her. That was before they started, so I don't know how she did during sharing time or class. I did spy on her right as they were releasing Jr. Primary to go to their classes, and hers was the last to be dismissed. Ethan was the second to last, and as his class was leaving he ran over and gave Sophia a big hug. It was really cute. I ran over to the president and asked how it went and she said they did well, and that Sophia was a happy and willing participant! That didn't surprise me. After church I asked how class went, and she said her class wasn't reverent because they were fighting over crayons. Good to know she is honest and aware!

Later tonight, during dinner, Sophia started singing a song she learned in primary today. It had hand motions to go along with it. It was the cutest thing (we got it on video). What a sweet thing she is! She just needs to grow up a little slower!

1 comments:

Becky Jones said...

I have reached that milestone this year too. My sweet Jaimee loved her Nursery teacher to death and is such a little mother to all the younger kids that her transition was a little rough at first but she loves Sharing Time and being "grown-up".