Sunday, January 9, 2011

Back in the Groove!

Well, the hardest things about Vacation is getting back to reality. I was dreading the normal routines of school and activities and knew there was the daunting task of reorganizing my house this month. I was pleasantly surprised that this past week went smooth, and that I was able to get so much done.

Monday I spent grocery shopping. Christmas leftovers in the refrigerator made it seem like we had food, but once those were tossed, and a grocery list was made, I was walking out of Sams and Walmart five hundred dollars later! If felt good to be stocked up! I always like to have more food in my pantry than I need for a few weeks....just in case!
After school activities went off with a hitch, and all homework was completed in a timely manner! Yeah for a great Monday
Tuesday was back to the gym for me, and boy did I need it. I dragged Tirza with me, too! It felt great to get back. I took Tirza's kids so she could go shopping, and I spent the rest of the morning organizing the kitchen, both refrigerators and pantries, while the kids played. I organized to some of my old favorite Erasure tunes. It brought back memories while I was cleaning. It was a great way to clean!
That evening Boston went to the police station for scouts and had a GREAT time. He has some really great leaders that are very organized and on top of things. He is lucky to have them. Aubrie also had her first soccer practice since the break. Inbetween we had a Family Home Evening lesson on showing gratitude. I had all the kids write notes to those who bought them Christmas gifts (they are still sitting in my butlers pantry waiting to be mailed! oops)
Wednesday I spent all morning catching up on the blog. Back blogging for 6 weeks is not an easy task. It was also another busy day of activities, but its also the day that Aubrie is home till 6. I had some time with her, which was nice. Ethan also had his first day back to music and is playing a "real" piano book now.
Thursday I finished organizing downstairs (even alphabetized my spices!) and worked out. Then Sophia and I broke out her new playdoh and had a great time.
Friday we stayed home with the kids and pushed our date night to Saturday. We did sneak in an hour next door for a game of Settlers:)
Saturday was SUPER busy, but was a great day. I woke up at 8 and made crepes for the kids before Aubrie's dance practice and Boston's gymnastics clinic at 9. After I dropped them off I rushed back to shower and get myself ready, along with Ethan and Sophia, then picked up the house and gathered soccer stuff for all our games that started at 11:30. I was able to watch Boston on the pommel horse and mushroom before I had to take him for his game. He did really well, but he was acting so put out and disinterested that it was to his detriment. When I asked him how he did, he said he finally got a skill he had been working on, and I told him he could have fooled me by his demeanor! He is a funny kid.
Boston had the first game. Before it started one of our coaches overheard the other team saying how our team sucked and couldn't make a goal. Well our team beat theirs 7 to 2. I didn't know the other team had said those things, and I was rooting them on towards the end feeling bad they were getting killed (knowing what that is like). I can't lie and say I wasn't happy about it after hearing what they said. It was a great morality boost for Bostons team. He played well, having a goal and a few assists.
Ethan had a great game, too. He was full energy the whole time. It was like someone gave him one of those 24 energy bottles. He made two goals and his team won, also.
Aubrie played hard and well. She made the first goal. She was also the goalie for awhile. She was sad when she accidentally stepped over the line with the ball in her hand, giving a goal to the other team. She tried to hold back the tears, but from the other side of the field I could tell by her body language that she was crying. I felt so bad for her. She is a good goalie, but is soooo hard on herself when she makes mistakes. Her game was tied, 2-2.
We finally finished games by 3. Amazingly, I really enjoyed being on the fields. The games were all back to back, which was perfect, and the weather was nice and cool. The kids watched each other play, and Sophia even watched some.
After the games, Ben and I relaxed for a bit and then freshened up for our date. We went to the hockey game with some friends. I hadn't been to one since North Carolina. We had the best seats, right on the glass. It was fun to be so close to the game. Afterward, we grabbed a small bite to eat at the Cheesecake Factory. It was a great night with friends and a great week back to "reality!

0 comments: