Saturday, October 3, 2009

16 missing!

This week Aubrie wasn't feeling well. Well, actually she hasn't been doing well for the past two weeks. Between sore muscles, a cough, headaches, and congestion, she has missed her share of dance classes and made Ibprofin her new friend. Finally, after much complaining of pressure under her eyes, I determined that she must have developed a sinus infection. Ben took her out of tap early, on Wednesday, and took her to the doctor. I guessed right. (Don't Mom's have that special Diagnostic skill?) She came home with some antibiotics (YEAH!). The next day she was feeling better, but came home from school with news that 14 kids were absent from her class. I knew that wasn't good news. She developed a fever and missed school the following day. I received an email from her teacher informing the parent's not to worry about missed work. No work or tests were administered in the whole 4th grade due to increased amount of absent children. There was a total of 16 absent in her class, alone, on Friday. I guess the flu worked fast through her classroom. Aubrie's fever came and went, and she seemed better by nightfall, and all her other "original" symptoms of sinus pressure were gone. Ben and I went out for our normal date night, and recieved a call a few hours later that Ethan had a temperature. I should have known that something was wrong with him, because he came home and said he was tired (when I told him that morning he could ride his bike after school) and just crashed on the couch and WATCHED Boston play video games. Today he and Aubrie had a roller coaster day. I'm hoping no one else gets the flu, and it will quickly pass through our house! Darn the flu season!

0 comments: