Saturday, October 3, 2009

Nine to Three

That's how long we were gone this morning doing Soccer. What have we gotten ourselves into? I remember my Saturdays being relaxing. We would do some housework, yard work, etc and then hang. Not going to happen anymore! Actually, we left the house at 8:32 to make it to Bostons game which is only 5 minutes away; but you have to be early to warm up!! We found that out last week:) Boston had a great game. He played very well. I am amazed at his skill. Since he spends all his time playing kickball and tether ball, I had no clue he could play soccer. His team worked well together and pulled off a win. Boston was super excited.


After his game we headed to the pharmacy to pick up the other half of Aubrie's prescription (For some reason the insurance company made us get two separate doses at different times. Lame!) We then stopped at Sports Chalet to get some more light weight chairs. We stopped by the house and Ben took Ethan over to the fields for pictures, while I hung at the house for about 30 minutes getting kids fed and a few things organized. We headed back out for Ethan's game at noon. Ethan was still feeling a little under the weather, but wanted to play. You could definitely tell. He was dragging big time on the field, and would only get aggressive when the ball came his way. His team lost. The other team was really good and had some kids that looked like they could be Boston's age.
Aubrie had pictures at 1:00, so we just got some food from the snack bar and found some shade and hung out and watched a movie. Ben ran Sophia back to the house for a nap, (my Mom was home), and Ben came back and joined us.
Aubrie, too, did not have the energy level she had last week. She had a lot of good steals, but didn't have what she needed to take the ball down the field and really get aggressive. Her team did really well, though. Winning 3-1. (or was it 4-1?). Anyway, despite not feeling their best, they still had fun, and pushed through.
After the games, we came home and the kids just rested and watched TV. Ben had priesthood session at 5. While he was gone, I dragged myself on the elliptical for one last work out for the week. I was determined to get 5 work outs in this week. I ended up being on there for an hour and a half; my longest time ever. I think it was a good stress reliever from a long day. After my workout, I fed the kids, finished some laundry, and picked up the house. There was still time for a game of Sorry and Memory with the kids. Tomorrow is General Conference, piano practicing, and catching up on missed General Conference. It was weird not watching today. So grateful for Tevo! Another week gone by so quickly!!!

0 comments: