Sunday, October 18, 2009

Hello! Goodbye.

Hello Bed!
So after many escapes, Ben waking up with Sophia staring at him, oh, and Sophia asking us over and over for a "big girl bed", we finally made the switch. I took Sophia to karate and dance on Wednesday, while Ben broke down the crib and put up her bed. The only twin size bedding I had was Buzz Lightyear. I pulled that out of the closet for Ben to put on when he was done. When we got back this is what was waiting.
I guess Ben couldn't stand the thought of his little girl in Buzz Lightyear bedding. Having the Dora bedding definitely made the surprise all the more exciting for her. She was so excited to sleep in her Dora bed. She didn't fall asleep for a couple of hours the first night, because she was so excited. She didn't get out of bed, but just laid their wide awake. Since then, she has made the transition very well. Of course, I should be knocking on wood, because I said that about her potty training and now she is back to pull ups and no trips to the potty. After our trip, I'm pulling out the underwear and throwing out the pull ups. There are no excuses now that she is in a bed!
Goodbye Crib!
Later that night, as we were bringing her crib and rocker downstairs to the garage, it was like another chapter closing in my life. Aubrie was upset that the rocking chair was going. She kept asking me to keep it. Honestly, if I had a place to put it, I might have thought about it. It's the rocking chair I rocked all my babies in. That's the sentimental part of me. I'm sure I'll be crying when we sell it and some stranger is driving off with it!
The crib and rocking chair I've had since Aubrie! How 10 years have flown by!







1 comments:

Erin said...

Cute bed! Where did you get it?