Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Prison Break

So yesterday, after putting Sophia down for a nap, I was enjoying a few hours of peace, checking up on emails, facebook, farmville.... You know, all that important stuff. Ha, ha! Anyway, I kept hearing noises, but passed it off as the cats. I did think it was a little weird to hear a door close, but couldn't think of what else it could be. It's wasn't until I heard a thud, that could not be created by a 14 lb agile cat, that I started to get concerned. I ran towards Sophia's room, hoping my worst fear wouldn't be confirmed. When I opened her door she was laying on top of her dresser, face first (obviously in the middle of a climb). She shot me this big grin, like she had been caught. I then noticed that she had several toys in her crib, and that she had her PJ's on. ( I put her down in a sundress!) I quickly moved her dresser to the other side of the room, and laid on her floor until she went to sleep. So far no escape acts today. But she did want her door open tonight when we put her down, and I did sleep on her floor for 10 minutes until she fell asleep, at nap time. I'm not ready for her to be in a bed!!!! I'm hoping the repositioning of the dresser will detour her for a few more months. Of course, her not being in the bed has put a damper on her potty training. I realized I had never had a kid in a crib and in underpants at the same time. It kinda makes it hard for her to use the restroom in the middle of the night, or early morning. Hmmmm......more time in a crib, or a fully potty trained kid? What will give me more sanity? I'm thinking the crib!

0 comments: