Tuesday, January 19, 2010

So much for my Calendar!

OK...this weekend I was not a candidate for the "Mother of the Week" award and ate some humble pie. While I often pride myself on being organized and having everything on my calendar, I definitely messed up and my kids weren't happy about it. Saturday we spent the morning just hanging out and watching A Walk To Remember ( a great movie if you haven't seen it). Then we had a big breakfast, did our chores, and then got ready for our soccer games that started at 11:15. As we drove up to the soccer fields. we saw Aubrie's team playing. We were there 20 minutes early! I had no clue what was going on, but let Aubrie out as we parked. Once we parked and walked up to the fields, there was Aubrie, crying and saying that the game was almost over. Somehow I messed up, both of their games. So here were with two kids all dressed and excited to play and we had to just turn around and go back home. I thought I was so scheduled and organized. So much for that! Luckily the kids got over it fast! When I was at the temple Friday and was asking for more humility, I didn't' realize that he was going to work so fast! LOL Actually, that's not what I was asking for, but everyone can definitely use some humble pie once in awhile!
Saturday night Ben spent in the tent with the three older kids. He only lasted till 1:00, when the air mattress deflated and left him on the cold ground. He pulled all the kids out, and put them in their beds, while I was fast asleep upstairs. I had gone to bed extra early. I have been feeling very tired this past week. I have these spells every couple of months. They are hard on me, because I like to keep busy, but they also make me appreciate my heath when I have it!
Ben finally took the tent down yesterday, when it started raining. It was a sad day for Sophia. She loved going out to the "temple" (that's what she called) and play! Ben is such a great Dad for doing such fun things for the kids.
Here are some pictures I haven't gotten around to posting.
My Dad's last day here:( How I miss him! We had such a great time! He is so great at giving advice in such a loving manner. He also has treated me like an equal, never making me feel like my thoughts and feelings were inferior to his. He has always been there to support me and love me. Never has he made me feel like I was a disappointment to him. He has held me up on a pedestal, and I attribute a lot of my self image and self esteem to him always building me up. I think because of that, I have never wanted to let him down. Talk about good psychological parenting!
Last week we had 80's exercise night for mutual. Funny thing, is that I raided Aubrie's closet to get stuff. I never thought in a million years that my daughter would be wearing fluorescent, and stretch pants, but she is...and I LOVE it! While many people say the 80's were atrocious, I can not agree. I LOVE the 80's! While I personally wouldn't wear most of that stuff, it looks so cute on the little one's.

Brother play time! Had to take a picture so I could remember that they do have moments of playing so well together! (BTW, the book on the table is one of my new favorites for the kids!)

More creations by Ethan!
Guess he was jealous of all the snow Flagstaff was getting!
Glad the Jenga is getting used!

2 comments:

Becky Jones said...

I love your comments about your Dad. I attribute those same things in myself to my dad as well. What a great blessing it was for me to have such a great Dad. Enjoy your Dad every minute you can!

Chris Moore said...

who is that old lady standing with you in some REALLY bad clothes. Can't believe you put that on there. hahaha. :) Terri