Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A weight has been lifted!


Last week I lived in a bubble. This is why!
Somehow I found myself in charge of making DVD montage's for the boys classroom. It started with me signing up to help with scrap booking for Boston's, which somehow meant (unaware to me) that I was in charge of the whole thing. It just made more sense to do a movie, that way each kids got all the pictures. Since I was at all of Ethan's activities this year and found Mom's asking me for pictures, I decided I might as well do one for him, too. Of course, that has been something that has been hanging over my head ALL year! Especially since I had never done one EVER!! I must say that it was a lot of fun! The most time consuming thing was organizing all the photos and deciding which ones to cut out, since Boston had over an hours worth of photos. Finding the music was time consuming, too. I had to do some research, but it I was happy with what I found. I wanted to end each video with individual shots of each kid. I didn't have that, so I ran to the school on two separate days and took the kids photo's along with some group pictures. Each picture had their name on it and I used the song Good Riddance, by Green Day, to end it. It was a great way to end the DVD's. We found a few mistakes when I watched them back with the kids, but they were still amazing. I wish I had started them earlier so I could had done some more things I discovered at the last minute. While Ben was at Father's and Son's, Aubrie helped me copy them all, put CD stickers on them, and pack each in it's own sleeve, with each kids name on them. They are now ready to go! Whew what a relief to have that done. I'm sure Ben is glad, too! One reason I don't start projects very often is because I can't leave them for later....I live and breath them till they are done! Still haven't figured out if that's a good or bad thing!

0 comments: