Sunday, October 26, 2008

We prefer to call it a "Manbag"

First of all, I'm sure Ben will not be very happy that I'm blogging this! It's just too funny to keep to ourselves! So I already told you about Ethan's desire to find a purse! Well, I didn't act fast enough in finding him something. The other day he was in Sophia's room and found one of Aubrie's old purses. He came running to me and said, "Look Mom! I found a purse!" Out of all the purses, he picks the bright purple one with "Bratz" type figures on it! I try to tell Ben he picked that one because there are cute girls on it! LOL He now keeps his chap stick, play phone, sunglasses, and cash in it, and keeps it around his bed post! So far he has taken it to Aubrie's Honors Assembly, Walmart (a few times), church this Sunday (but kept it in his church bag), and to Red Robin. That was the funniest to me. We were all walking to our table, and everyone was staring, as they normally do. Come one! It's not that uncommon to have four little kids, but for some reason we always get "the looks"! I like to think it's because they are so cute! Anyway, so picture this. We are following the hostess in this order...Ben holding Sophia, Me, Aubrie, Boston, and then Ethan at the tail end with his purse over his shoulder. That's when people took a second look and then got a huge smile on their face. I'm not the least bit embarrassed. Perhaps if he was a year older, I would be a little concerned. But right now he is just a little boy who wants to keep his things organized. :)

Ethan at Aubrie's school (thanks Michelle for taking the pic:)
Him sporting the "man bag" at Red Robin!

1 comments:

Suzee said...

Oh my gosh! You guys are too funny. Isn't Ben a litle concerned? I mean this is the kid who's favorite binky was the pink one right? rofl