Thursday, April 8, 2010

April Fools!

Ok....So another April Fools day has not gone to waste around here! I was stressing a little about what jokes I was going to pull this year, because nothing was coming to me! I'm sure that sounds silly, but it's one of my favorite days! It's the day I have free reign to be mean! Luckily my fun friend, Tamzen, called me the night which must have sparked something, because I had some doozies! So here's just a few...

I texted 3 of my friends pretending I was texting Ben (but accidentally sending it to them) that said something like,
"I'm so sorry for fighting this morning. I just love it here, and will miss all my friends. But I will look at the silver lining of things, like finally being able to wear my sweaters, having a sabbatical from family, etc. I love you and will follow you where ever you want to go", etc, etc!

Well you can imagine the texts I go back.
They went a lot like this,
"Ummm, I think you meant to text this to Ben. Whats going on?" or
"Ugh, are you moving? I'm so sad". One of my friends, Trina, thought it meant we were moving to California. I don't know where sweater wearing fit into that. I think she was just hoping!

Another joke I played on my friend Holly. She lives in Texas, but is possibly moving. We have been foolishly hoping that we could live by one another again someday. So I texted her telling her Ben's business wasn't doing well, and that we were looking at a job in Dallas. She fell for that one. I couldn't' believe it, because she is the biggest trickster of them all.

The biggest doozie was a conspiracy with my fellow April Fooling buddy, Tamzen. We collaborated to trick her husband. I had accidentally texted him the night before thinking it was Tamzen's number, which set up our joke perfectly.
I texted him, making him think I was tyring to text Tamzen, telling her that an old (mutual) friend of ours was in town and wanted to come over for lunch. That sounds harmless, right? Well he is a guy. When he got the text he thought I was trying to pull one on Tamzen, so he just kept texting things back like, "It's just two friends having lunch", etc. I kept raising the stakes, saying things like, "Well, he said I looked good, etc!" Finally, he realized that this could possibly be real and told me to call Ben. Tamzen told him the joke was on him, and that we were both in on it!
Thanks Tamzen for our fun April Fools Day many, many years ago at BYU that has fueled my joking streak for all these years! Nice to finally collaborate again!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! you guys always can pull funnies... Next year help me think of a few for my husband.