Thursday, April 8, 2010

A night with an Old Friend!

Last Tuesday, I get a text from an old friend that he had invited me (on Facebook) to a concert he was doing in Gilbert. When I finally got on Facebook and realized it was family friendly, we dropped everything, and headed out to Gilbert to see him.

Ben and I hadn't seen him in 12 years. He was in my ward my Sophomore year, and always brightened up our apartment with his singing and piano playing. My Mom came to visit once, and she thought he was the coolest guy. He has amazing talent. His songs are very catchy, and have a lot of feeling and emotion in them.
The kids loved his performance, and were excited to get signed posters, etc from him! He told them he hated practicing piano when he was little, but was glad his Mom made him! Thanks for that plug, Kevin!! We bought a couple of his CD's and they have been playing in the car since! You should google him! (Kevin Burdick) You can listen to his music before you download it!
Thanks Kevin for the invite, and making us feel like we just saw you yesterday!

1 comments:

Becky Jones said...

That's great that you got to see Kevin! I've been waiting for him to do a show up here in Utah or a while now. I have two of his CD's and really love his music. I still wish I could find the pictures from my Bridal Shower with him dancing. (Maybe Kami has some.) What great memories!!!