Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ethans Zoo Fieldtrip

Ethan had a field trip to the zoo last week. He was so excited. He kept going over all the things he needed; "Mom I need sunscreen, and I need to wear my class shirt, and I need a sack lunch, and don't forget that you are coming!" I wonder how many time Ms. Nebel drilled them on that? He was so excited that I was coming on the bus with him, and so was I. Like I said before, I like being with my kids on the bus on their field trips! It's another window of their life I get to see first hand!
When I got on the bus I was surprised to see that there were several people from church there. It was nice to chat while the kids played. Sometimes our chatting took over supervising as the teachers started telling our kids to sit down, etc. Ooopps! We Mom's don't' get as much socializing as we need I guess!


When we got to the Zoo, we had free reign to go and do whatever we wanted, except rides, gift shops, etc. A friend from another ward, who has a son in Ethan's class, came too. So our two groups paled around!
(Ethan took this picture. He was so funny, calling everyone over, and then positioning us just right. He is my creative leader!)
The trip was short, but perfect, since it started to get hot as we were leaving. The kids had a great time, and I enjoyed checking out the new aquarium! We got to pet some sting ray and starfish, feed birds, see a peacock open his feathers (not pictured), pet and feed a giraffe, and had a special treat in the monkey area; a new baby monkey! Sooo cute!!!!


0 comments: