Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Dive Meet 2

Mom didn't have much time to recoup from girls camp. Luckily my girls didn't keep us up late, and I wasn't exhausted. (I just always get stressed out when I come home and have to get things back in order, and get back in the routine of things. ) Once I felt like things were in order, I geared up for the kids dive meet that night! Unfortunately, for some reason, I put the meet time on the calendar, instead of the warm up time, so when we got there they had just started and the kids didn't get a chance to warm up. That threw them off, and Boston did a flip when he was supposed to to a gainer. He was really upset about it, and the judges were nice enough to let him do one at the end of the meet, since everyone was anxiously waiting to see it. He didn't care that he placed second. He just wanted to show everyone what he could do. Aubrie placed first, though she nearly gave me a heart attack as her head came inches from the board on her flip. Ethan placed first. On the way to the car Ethan said. Now next time I need to get second and they need to get first so we all will have two firsts and one second. Nice of him to be so willing to take on for the team so they could all have the same ribbons, huh? Gotta love how that kid thinks! After the dive meet we headed to Cafe Rumba for some of my favorite grub. The kids actually tolerate it and don't complain, which makes it even better!
Fun with the camera while waiting for our food!




0 comments: