Sunday, December 11, 2011

2011 Soccer

Yesterday was a full day, that started at 7:30. There was no time to think about how sick I was. It was one soccer game after another, and I LOVED it! I love watching my kids play soccer.
Ethan had a game early in the morning, about a half an hour from here. I never get to take him to his games, so I offered while Ben stayed here to wait for the carpet cleaners and Sears guy who services our appliances every six months!
Ethan lost his game, but it was hard to be upset about it since the team he played were a bunch of refugee kids from Afghanistan. After the game, I cheered him up with Dunkin Donuts. That took his mind off of it. I then came home only to shortly turn around to Boston's game. His first game was against the hardest team in the league. If they beat them they could have taken first. They were up 1-0 for the first 15 minutes. Then the other team got an awesome/well deserved corner kick. Boston's coach put in a different goalie and the game turned quickly. They lost 4-2. Boston was disappointed, (as were some parents) but the last time they played them the lost byALOT! So I tried to help him realize the progress his team made, and that second place in the tournament is AWESOME! Ben spoke with some parents who are trying to put a winning team together, and they want Boston to be a part of it. We will see how that works out in the spring. In my eyes, his team is a winning team. I especially like the spiritual focus the coach brings into every game and practice. That is more important to me than anything. Boston won his other two games. His first game was actually Friday night. Joe took the kids, while we had our party. Boston's win that night solidified second place for his team. It was great win, since the team slaughtered them last time!
Aubrie had a great tournament! They won their first two games. Their second game was amazing. 9-1! Their team also got the record for fastest goal scored, and most goals scored in such a short time. Those wins put them in the Championship. The Championship game was against an amazing team who was undefeated! The blew out every team they played, except us. It was time for a rematch. This game was especially hard for Aubrie because her best friend Olivia is on that team. Aubrie is not as aggressive when Olivia is close to her. The game was one of the best soccer games we have watched. Our team scored first. We held them for a long time, and finally they got a goal. Second half was nail biting! There were so many close goals on both sides. With 30 seconds left Olivia made the game winning goal. Aubrie was so sad. She wanted a tie so bad. As soon as the game was over, Olivia rushed to find Aubrie to make sure she wasalright, and then they embraced each other. It was such a tearful moment. Two great teams and freinds...so close! So Aubrie's team also placed second. We celebrated later that evening with the Pribble's (Olivia's family. Funny, huh?) at Yogurtology. Aubrie was her happy self again, and left me a sweet note by my beside after I finally crashed, saying she hopes I feel better soon. I hope I do, too!
Here are some pics from the season!
Aubrie's Championship game.





Boston's Championship Game
Aubrie's first game against Olivia (She also had Strep and we didn't know it)



0 comments: