Sunday, December 11, 2011

Jump Start

This year I felt like I needed to get a jump start on the Holidays. I think with Aubrie at Basis, the soccer season running into December, and our Christmas Party being pushed back a week l, made me feel like I needed to get some things done early. Before Thanksgiving I ordered my Christmas Cards and stuffed, and addressed them. I also purchased all my "friend gifts" and wrapped them. I thought that would relieve some stress and free up some time. Then I was asked to decorate a table for our Ward Christmas party. It wasn't hard, but just took time to get stuff, etc. It turned out nice, but now I still have the buckets of decorations in my Mom's room. My new dumping ground. This past week I busied myself with finishing up Christmas shopping, helping out a sick friend, preparing for our Christmas Party, fighting a cold, helping with school projects, and playing the roles of both parents while Ben was out of town. I'm hoping that this week I'll be able to get in a workout!

Our Christmas Party was a lot of fun. Since our Ward did the same exact type of party, we thought we might skip it this year. Then we realized how many people we typically invite from other wards, which is more than half. We decided to invite only a few families from our Ward who have been coming since the beginning, or had strong relationships with a majority of the other couples, along with some several friends of ours who don't go to our church. It was a good mix! Everyone was very friendly to the new people, and things were seamless. The only bad thing was that I lost my voice Friday morning, so that was VERY hard not being able to talk much. In reality, I spend most of my time playing hostess, which leaves little time for talking anyway. There were some fun gifts. But no animals this year!:) Shocking that Ben spaced taking pictures this year. That's his job at the party!

0 comments: