Sunday, December 11, 2011

Boston's Double Digits!










Ten years ago our lives changed once again, with the birth of our amazing boy, Boston. Ten years have gone by in a flash. When I think of Boston many things come to mind. He is such a well rounded boy.
He is very smart, and sometimes too much for his own good. Because he knows when something is right or wrong, he wants to argue his point, no matter the consequences. Sound familiar? I hate to admit it, but he gets that attibute from Mommy dearest. Fortunatly he has shown me how irritating that can be, so I only do that with Ben now! I've never had to worry about Boston in school. Boston hasn't either, so because of that he has had a few humbling "B's". He is realizing that he does actually have to work at some things. Putting in extra effort is a new talent he is having to develop. Going to Basis next year should take care of that for him quickly.
Boston is a born athelete. He easily picks up skills needed in all the sports he plays. Again, he limits how good he can really become, because of all the accalades he gets from his coaches and parents. His soccer skill are amazing, and I LOVE watching him on the field. He is a great quarter back, and running back in football, and he can speed around the bases in baseball. He was a very percise gymnast, and diver. He wants to try basketball now. I'm always wondering what sport he will ultimately end up doing.
Boston has a love for music and theatre. While he won't admit it, he loves playing the piano. His favorite song for stress release, is Clocks, by Cold Play. He miraculously knows the lyrics to almost all the songs on the radio, and LOVES to sing to all of them. He is quite the actor, too. The other day he produced tears, trying to fake me out that he failed a science test. He loves watching reality shows like America's Got Talent and American Idol. If you ask him what he wants to be when he is older he says he wants to be a NFL football player/ singer "like Bruno Mars". Of course, I'm not sure how he will fit that in around his video game obsession. While he is only limited to whatever time is left in the morning before school, and an hour after, he relishes his time playing his sports video games. I'm sure if we bought him a singing one, he would have a hard time choosing.
Boston has a sweet sensative side. He has always had it. It comes out when he forgets to act tough. I love that he loves reading to his sister at night. That he still wants his nightly back scratch/song, and some nights he pulls me close and says, "can I tell you about my day." I love when he grabs my hand at Disneyland, and he doesn't even notice, and even though it breaks my heart, he cries when he gets his feeling hurt. It shows me that that sweet sensative Boston is still in there. I love how he looks forward to being a husband and a Dad. And how he talks about it and thinks about his future, including his mission. I love that he started reading the Book of Mormon all on his own, when he wasn't sure he had a testimony, and that after getting half way through, he told us he can see picture himself there as he reads. I love that all his drawers are ALWAYS organized, and his bed is always perfectly made (unless Ethan messes it up). I love that he takes interest in how he dresses, and recently LOVES BYU apparrel. I love that he took his BYU sweatshirt for school show and tell and told them that it's special because that's where he wants to go to school. He is a passionate person. Because of that, whatever emotion he is feeling is INTENSE. He is learning to bridel some of those. I love how he recognizes it and tries. I love that he comes home from school and rushes to tell me when he got a 100 on a test, clipped up on a teachers shirt, or got the record for some school race, etc. His need for my approval is endearing. I wonder what alll these wonderful traits will develop into, 10 more years from now.
Now on to his party. I have decided that Ben will organize and throw the boy's parties and I will do the girls. It only makes sense. Of course, Ben should be able to throw better boys parties because he is one. Boston wanted ANOTHER sports party. We always get nervous about turn our, because now that he is older sports are always a factor. His birthday is right in the middle of football/fall baseball/ & soccer season. Boston had a great turn out and a great time.
First they started by eating pizza on the front patio and playing out front.

Then they headed to the park for some football.

Then it was back home to play his new NBA game.
Then they hit the pool! Again, it became a dare who could stay in the pool the longest!
Then they didn't even act like they were cold as they sat outside for presents and cake still in their wet suits. Aubrie was a sweetheart, and spent a lot of money on Tilly's stuff for him. Ethan pitched in a bit, too!
Then they all played basketball (still in their suits) until parents came.
Goodie bags were baseball cards and beef jerkey, which I couldn't resist wrapping up in a bag, b/c otherwise they would just be handed out! Boston had a great party! His family party was the following Monday, which included his favorite cake-Cheesecake!
Singing along with the rest of us!
Notice he has double the serving!
He wanted me to take this pic of him pretending he was asleep!?








0 comments: