Sunday, December 11, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011


This year we had Thanksgiving dinner with the Hawkins. I was in charge of the Turkey, and also made the Shoepeg casserole & stuffing. I had to make the stuffing for the first time this year, with my Mom being gone. That was weird. I decorated the table with place "cards" that were leaves with names written on them, and hot glued to a walnut, grouped with a few other nuts.Tirza brought the sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, rolls, salad, and pickles and olives. Dinner was very yummy. The turkey didn't cook all the way, and I was disappointed with my meat thermometer:( I had to put it back in, and once you cut into it and put it back in its not the same. Oh, well. That just meant no good left overs which I'm not a fan of anyway.
The kids had a fun time playing, and the adults talking. It was very nice and relaxing. After dinner, the Hawkins went home and we headed to the movies. Ben and I wanted to see the Muppet Movie, but the kids were dying to see Jack and Jill. The ratings were bad, and Ben and I were skeptical. Being it was PG were figured at least it would be harmless. It was funny. The kids laughed a lot, especially Ethan.
The next day we spent putting up all the Christmas decor. When we put up and plugged in our tree, I noticed a huge portion of lights were out. Ben ran and got new nine foot tree, that happened to be on sale since it was black Friday. It looks really nice. I went to Micheal's later, and got some new decorations, with Aubrie's help, to add to it. Now our tree downstairs has some blue in it. It looks nice. We put the old tree upstairs in the loft. It's the kids tree. It's very cute, also. The kids like it best! It was nice to get up all the decorations, and be done with it, especially with company coming.
Saturday the Hendrickson's came for a night. The kids stayed here and had pizza and watched movies, while the adults went out for dinner. We had a nice dinner at Cheesecake Factory. Things are always so comfortable with the Hendricksons. When we got back we went in the hot tub, and when the kids went down, we watched some Modern Family and talked.
Sunday the Nelson's came for the night. They got her much later, so Ben and Pat stayed up and talked, while everyone else was in bed. The next day Ben and Pat had some meetings, so Mindy and I spent time with the kids and got to know one another better. Pat married her after college, so I have only hung out with her once. She is very nice, and it was a nice morning getting to know her.
Whew! We sure know how to pack in the Holiday's, huh? I'm not sure if its possible for us to do "nothing" during any holiday. So much to do, so many people to see. It's hard for this family to sit still!

0 comments: