Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Getting Christmas Up!


The day after Thanksgiving, Ben was up early putting up lights and all the other outdoor Christmas decor! He was done before I was up. I think I didn't want to get up because I knew what laid before me....the indoor decorations. I don't know what happened to me, but for some reason I haven't enjoyed decorating the house for the Holiday's these past couple of years. I remember when I was pregnant with Sophia I couldn't get enough of it. I finally dragged myself out of bed and got started on the grueling task. Luckily my Mom is here, and LOVES to decorate the tree. She and Ethan did that together and had a great time!
Ethan, being the little creator that he is, had a wonderful time putting the tree together. He also helped Aubrie and Sophia decorate the kid tree. I spent most of my time putting up the garland, nativity sets, etc. We were finally done a little before dinner. I wasn't in the mood to make anything for dinner, and I was also ready to get out of the house. We decided to go to Mesa for the lighting of the Temple lights. The Mormon quarter back for the Cardinals (Max Hall) had the honors of the initial "lighting"! Boston sure perked up when they announced that!
Ethan couldn't get over the lights there. He kept showing me different bushes and trees, and telling me that he wanted to go buy lights and decorate our house. He kept going on and on the whole time about ideas he had! Aubrie was excited for the hot chocolate stand across the street, and Sophia liked seing the navitivy sets! So there was something for everyone:)
After the temple, we made a dinner stop at Cafe Rio! It was a nice way to end the day, and start the Christmas season!

0 comments: