Monday, March 1, 2010

Girls Day Out!

So in the past couple of years I have found a weekend a year to take off with friends. Since life is busy, and time and money is tight, a girls day out on the town was perfect this year. Some good friends of mine put together an amazing day of non-stop shopping last weekend. This was the day the Swing Set was coming. As I was getting ready to go, it started to rain. (Poor swing set guys had to take down and set up the swing set in the rain!) It rained all day, but some rain wasn't about to keep a bunch of girls from tearing up the town!
We started our day at Last Chance, a Nordstrom's outlet store, cheaper than the Rack. I wasn't in the mood to "dig", so I headed over to Marshall's and found some great shoes!
After Last Chance/Marshall's we headed off to some boutiques in downtown Mesa. They were fun to look at, but honestly were not in my price range, and the things that were didn't interest me. The company was fun though, and so was the stop at Sweet Cakes; a local restaurant. I had a great chicken salad sandwich, and some yummy broccoli soup (not as yummy as mine, but it was still good!;). After the boutiques, we hit some fun furniture and home decor stores. I definitely want to take Ben to one of them, The Potato Barn, when we decide to replace the boys furniture, and finally sell our baby furniture and buy Sophia a dresser. Seriously cute, cute pottery barn type furniture for 1/2 the price!
The home decor stores took us till about 5pm. We made a stop at the Chandler Mall, to hit Down East Outfitters. That store is where I hit and surpassed my spending limit (not that I really gave myself one, but it's just a feeling I get more than anything...ha!ha!). I did justify the fact that I was in dire need of undershirts, and summer dresses. There was also the cutest trench coat that everyone was talking me into because it was my size and on sale. Of course, they didn't have to twist my arm too much!
After the mall, we hit a jean party held at some one's house. I scored a cute pair of capris (since none of my old ones fit me...YEAH!) and shorts. After spending way too much time there, we headed off to Cafe Rio for dinner. Though the shopping was definitely fun, chatting in the car and in between stores was my favorite. Life is so busy I feel like there is never really enough time to talk to all my friends very often. What a great time to catch up and remember the things that brought you together in the the first place. One thing I am always giving thanks for is my friends. I'm blessed with GREAT friends! Thanks to all you for helping me feel loved and sane!

0 comments: