Monday, March 1, 2010

Left Overs!

So catching up on a months worth of blogging has taken me 2 1/2 hours so far! Whew! The sad thing about "catch up" is all the little things that are forgotten about. "Other things" included a new hair cut for Aubrie and I, which included bangs for both of us, and a darker shade for me! There were also weekly trips to the library, visiting teaching appts. , soccer practices, games, school projects, etc. There was also a fun Daddy/Daughter dance at the elementary school, with a Hawaiian theme! Aubrie looked forward to it for weeks, planning her outfit out way in advance. She had a blast! Her and Ben came home as limbo contest winners! This Saturday we FINALLY cleaned up our garages, and now I can finally feel a little peace as I pull into my garage everyday, and can move freely when I go out there to get something from our second fridge!
Here are a few pictures that were left out of the other posts and have a story of their own!

Ethan had some left over stickers from a Valentines project I gave him. This is what he did with them. His cards will never get old!
If you know how my house is decorated, you might notice something different about this arrangement. Several years ago, my friend Terri was trying to tell me that I could add blue to my red decor, after telling her how I wish I could redecorate with blue. I finally thought I would give it a shot, and grabbed these flowers, and few blue accessories, including a few of these pots in different sizes. The verdict is still out. If I decide I like it, I'll actually arrange these flowers (their just bent in half and stuffed in there for now. ha ha) and buy some more blue stuff!
After frantically trying to get together passport applications for the family, we luckily found out that all you need is the paperwork that you have applied for and paid for your passports to get out of Mexico on land. Here are a few pictures I took for them, that I was informed couldn't be used because you could see the DOOR in the background! Good ole Walmart was our backup plan, for 10 dollars a pop!
Boston had his first Blue and Gold Banquet last month. They celebrated the 100th anniversary of boyscouting with a BBQ, pinata, and cake and ice cream. Boston directed the flag ceremony for the first time. They gave him a little cheat sheet, and he read out loud "#1, #2, etc." He was embarrassed when he realized what he was doing, but I reinforced that he did a great job!
The picture of this table is kind of an inside joke. I keep taking new pictures of our table to post on Craigslist, but they never get posted. Maybe I'll get around to it this weekend. It would be nice not top have 16 chairs spread out through our house! LOL
When we went to check out the new swing set, they had a pile of pavers on the side of the house. Ethan and the boys of the sellers started stacking them. Sophia went over there to help, and Ethan didn't see her hand on the last paver stacked as he slammed a new on on top. A huge blood blister formed, and the top of her nail was bruised. She cried all the way home, and I was afraid she had broken it. When she woke up the next day she started moving her finger saying, "See, my finger is better!" For several days, including all day at church, she would go up to random people telling them all about how her brother slammed her finger on some bricks! What a tattle tale! LOL The blood blister finally went away yesterday, and Ethan accidentally slammed her hand in the car door today. It looked like a golf ball was growing on the top of her hand. She was doing better right before bed, but Ethan is not on her good side this month!

0 comments: