Thursday, March 25, 2010

Mexico Day 3&4

Tuesday we all slept in, and missed the low tide. Aubrie wasn't happy about it, but I was glad to get some sleep! We hit the beach first, and the kids found the friends they had made the day before. Around noon the college crowd starting coming out of the wood works and on the beach, so we headed up to the pool. They weren't being disrespectful or anything, but I noticed that all the families had headed out and up to the pool. This time I went back to the condo for Sophia's nap, and just as I got her down, the kids and Ben came rolling in for a break from the sun. We had breakfast for dinner, and then went down to the beach to enjoy the sunset and some more swimming and hot tubing. We didn't go in town for ice cream, but instead made cookies and enjoyed a night in.
I told Aubrie I would wake up really early to go find sea life in the rocks, Wednesday. She first woke up at 5 and I told her it had to be light outside. When it was finally light outside, she ran to the window to find that the tide wasn't low. I felt bad, since it was the last day and I hadn't gone out the morning before. When we finally got up and going, Aubrie looked out the widow and to her excitement saw that the tide was receding. We hurried out, just her and I. We ended up finding a starfish, brittle star, crabs, and even found a baby stingray. We were so close to catching it! We stayed out until the tide came in. When we came back to shore, we had a bucket full of fun things.
We put everything back, once the final sand bar was covered, except the starfish. Ben took all the kids out on the wave runner. (Boston and Ben pictured)
Aubrie took the starfish out with her then, to make sure it was far enough out, that no one could step on it and break it. She is so respectful of animal life!
Wednesday turned out to be the most beautiful day! The temperature was awesome and the breeze was perfect. We could have stayed on the beach all day! Typically, the kids get sick of it after awhile and ask to go to the pool (the boys get itchy). Wednesday they wanted to stay and play. Of course that's the way it goes; when you want to stay they want to go, and when you have to go, they want to stay.
Boston had fun being buried in the sand, Aubrie and Sophia were having fun in the water, and Ethan was enjoying the sand and laying out with Boston.
In case you were wondering, those are french fries on his eyes!
Around 10 we headed up to the hotel to pack up and check out.

We hit the beach for a bit more and then hung out at the pool, and had lunch there. I had the most yummy quesadilla's and nachos. I then got a Pina Colada (Virgin of course) and sat pool side. HEAVEN!!!! While at the pool area, Ben and I met some college LDS kids. Apparently there were 120 of them vacationing there for Spring Break. I told Ben I knew there was something different, and more respectful about those boys. ;) We finally headed out around 2:00. I so wish we could have stayed another day!!! So did everyone else! (Sophia not too happy about having to leave)
We definitely will be going back soon. Everyone had a great time!!! It's nice that our family is getting to the point that everyone can enjoy themselves. While I do miss having a little baby at times, and I hate seeing my kids grow up so fast, this is a very enjoyable stage. Can I just keep them them like this for a few extra years?! Really!! Does it get any better than this?!!!

1 comments:

Nicole said...

Matt and I are looking at your posts on Rocky Point. You may be convincing us to join you next time. Looks like you guys had so much fun and had a good time as a family. Love it!!