Thursday, March 25, 2010

The rest of Spring Break

The rest of Spring Break we just chill. The kids had play dates, and I spent time in the kitchen. Boston also had his first football game. It's really funny how he recently got so into football. We never mentioned it or tried to persuade him to try it out! Besides piano/ music, we like to let the kids go for the things that they are interested in....no pressure! Like when Boston tried Karate for two days! LOL Of course, when they decide on something, we are there supporting them 100%, but there is definitely no coercion. So when Boston got this "football passion" it really took us by surprise. He really enjoys the sport though, and likes watching it. (I think Ben cried the first time he sat down to watch a game. LOL) While I was a bit hesitant to give up Friday nights for his 7:00 football games, I'm now looking forward to see him do something he loves so much.

Saturday Ben spent helping Boston with his car for the pinewood derby. Boston had been asking him to do it since they gave him the kit. I think it was over a month ago. Ben had to help him cut it, and so Boston was waiting on him. Saturday was the last day to work on it, since they had to turn it in on Sunday. (No working on the Sabbath! Wait, does carving out a chunk of wood to make weight count as work? LOL) Boston new just what he wanted. He new the shape, the color and even had set some stickers set aside from Tilly's to decorate it. I was actually surprised how quickly they were able to make the car. Truthfully, I was a little stressed out that Ben had taken so long to start on it, because I thought it took forever. The longest process was waiting for the primer and paints to dry. Besides that, it was a fast process. Can I say what a relief that is, since I have to go through this 5 more times! I have to say the final product was pretty sharp looking.
Saturday night Ben and I got our date in. We went looking for a table and a dresser. Did I mention we sold our baby furniture? I think I'm more sentimental than I think ( or want to be). I was trying to keep back the tears as I watched them drive away with it, thinking how 10 years has quickly flown by. I remember how excited Ben and I were when we brought that home, not knowing what to expect, but anxiously anticipating the day that Aubrie would arrive. Now it's 10 years and 4 kids later, and another chapter closed in our life. Ok, back to our date, before I have to dry off the keyboard. We were happy to see that the table we want is still where we left it, and are still in the market for a nice white dresser for Sophia. Currently her dresser consists of baskets on the floor.
After the furniture shopping, we had a nice dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, Carvers. Ben and I first went there when we were in College. Back then that was like a whole days salary for us. I think we have been 3 times since. I think I like that place most because of the memory it has for me. Lucky for me, their food is excellent, too! I have to say that the average age of the customer is a little bit older here, than the one in Provo. I kept telling Ben I felt like someone dropped me in the movie Cocoon! Seriously, only one other young couple in there. After dinner we saw Bounty Hunter and headed home to be with the kids before they went to bed. Sometimes we just miss them and want to get back to them....and other times we are hoping they are asleep when we get home!

0 comments: