Sunday, March 27, 2011

Back to the here and now!

This week was INSANE! Monday was the worst. I had a list a mile long, that included a list of emails, computer work, trips to the store, laundry, etc. Trying to get my land legs back made it even harder. I was foggy headed all of Monday, and it was intermittent the rest of the week. I grabbed lunch with a friend on Wednesday, and in the middle of speaking with her, I started to feel light headed and dizzy, again. I felt like that a few times on the boat, and I was wondering if it was my equilibrium or if I had contracted something! LOL I think sleep deprivation might have been a part of it! Ha!

This week the kids activities did not let up! Boston had a baseball game on Tuesday and his Pinewood Derby right after. In fact, half of his baseball team is in cub scouts with him, so they all came trailing in late with their baseball uniforms in. They had a good game, and ended up winning. Boston had a hit, and a great defensive catch! The Pinewood Derby didn't turn out so great. Well actually it was great, but coming back to defend the title comes with pressure. He placed 3rd, which I kept telling him was GREAT! But when you win first your first year, 3rd doesn't seem so great. The top three were within a matter of seconds. It was so close.



The rest of the week was pretty much a blur till the weekend. Probably because Thursday and Friday were half days. Thursday Aubrie and I made freeze jam.



Friday we were getting ready for family pictures. I decided it's a lot less stressful and HOT to do them in March! I'm so happy I don't have to worry about getting them done around the holidays! Pictures went well, except for Sophia. She wouldn't take a nap (which never happens except on picture day of course) and she was feisty the whole time. She did not want to smile or be serious. I'm hoping they turned out as well as last time. All the kids were PERFECT last time. After pictures we rushed home to change for Boston's first football game of the season. We started to chuckle on the sidelines as the coach kept using the same passing play, over and over. I could tell Boston was trying to contain his frustration. Despite the receptiveness of the same exact play the whole game, it was amazing that they only lost by 4. We are hoping for some new creative plays next week. If not, the team will definitely get that play down by the end of the season! After the game, we got dinner at Paradise Bakery, per Aubrie's request. We sat in the lounge chairs and ate our dinner. We had fun relaxing and singing songs. I 'm sure the people in the restaurant were getting a good laugh out of us!
Saturday was CRAZY! Aubrie had a dance competition in Queen Creek. We rode with the Cliffords. We got lost, and barely got her youngest there in time for her dance. Then I realized Aubrie forgot shoes for one of her dances. We scrambled to gather enough black converse for everyone in that dance, to replace the bright pink ones they were supposed to wear. The girls did great on their dances, but the competition was stiff. The dance studios on the east side are INSANE. You just can't compete on a team level to girls who practice 20 hours a week. Our senior girls did good, and our solo's did awesome. Out of four spots for the "all american" type of award, 2 girls from our studio were chosen. So while there were some disappointments, there were some great achievements. While I was in Queen Creek with Aubrie, Ben had a baseball game for Boston and a school Carnival. Boston's team pulled out another win, and Boston was happy to have another hit. The kids had a fun time at the carnival. They had a dunk tank, that the principal was in, a ice skating rink, tonz of jumpers, rock wall, etc!
Ben was a sweetheart and got my car washed, while I was making my way back from Queen Creek. Aubrie and I got back around 5:30, and Ben and I headed out for our date night at 6:30. Honestly, I was so tired, I think I could have gone to sleep for my date night, but I was glad I sucked it up and went out. We had dinner and caught a movie. There were 5 other couples from the ward in that show. LOL The movie was alright. I was a little distracted because right before, Kim texted asking me if I had her computer. She had left her computer bag at the competition and all I could think about was how she could get it. I just couldn't believe how crazy our morning had been, and then it was topped off with this! I prayed she would get it, and our prayers were answered. This morning she said someone from the Police Department went over there for her and found it, and she picked it up. What a miracle that it was still there. Whew what a crazy weekend! Another vacation please?!

0 comments: