Sunday, March 27, 2011

Disney Cruise Day 3

Day 3 (Tuesday March 15th) Cabo San Lucas

(Written March 15th) Today we slept in a bit. It felt great! We had a late breakfast at the Parrot Cay Buffet. The kids like this breakfast best. All the donuts, bacon and other nutritious breakfast items (NOT) at their disposal. After stuffing ourselves to oblivion (I’m so going to have to work out twice a day when I get home) we headed out to catch our tender boat to Cabo.

I didn’t schedule any tours on this island. I thought of booking the Dolphin tour, but something kept telling me not to. When we got to the dock, we caught a glass bottom boat tour to all the hot spots and formations.

Stinkiest Part of the Tour (The Seals!)

Lovers Beach (Only Beach that has two different oceans bordering it)

Window to the Pacific

Very end of the Baja Peninsula.

Our Boat (Disney Wonder)

Our Personal Yacht we keep in Cabo! Ha! Ha! This thing is a Monster!!!

We then got dropped off at the main beach. From there we purchased a para sailing tour. The kids kept asking to do that, before we even went on the cruise. Boston and Aubrie went first. They had fun and were getting a little too crazy for my comfort levels, trying to twist and kick each other. When they were done, Ethan and I went. Ethan kept asking me questions like, “What if we fell, would we die?” Then I started thinking about what I would do if the rope broke, etc. I was trying to not think about it when I heard the clips rub against the ropes. When we were done, Ben and Sophia went. All the kids had a great time.



After para sailing, we hung out at the beach for about 30 minutes while Sophia got her hair braided. Aubrie didn’t want it this time. (Spoiled from Rocky Point I guess!) We then decided we would just walk to the dock instead of waiting an hour for our ride to come back. Someone said it was only a 15 minute walk, so I thought it would be just a nice stroll across the beach. One of the the locals was trying to give us a ride for 10 bucks, and kept telling us it was a 45 minute walk. We thought he was trying to scam us. We were WRONG! It was a 40 minute walk, but we got to see the town of Cabo and all the shopping it had to offer. We also got a chance to work off some of that cruise food! When we got to the dock there was a HUGE line of cruisers. I was a little nervous, but thrilled when I realized it was for Norwegien, and that Disney cruisers basically got to walk right on to their tender boat. I don't think I could have been on my feet another minute!

When we got back to the boat, we got the kids changed and took them to the childeren’s club. Ethan kept asking us to go back to the boat the whole time we were ashore. He said he wanted to play games and watch movies. The boys decided that they wanted to have dinner in the kids club. So they stayed there, and Aubrie met us for dinnner. (Sophia stayed behind to take a nap while Ben and I showered and got ready for the evening. She was exhausted and a pill the last two evenings and we realized a nap was crucial!) So with the boys at the club, it was just the four of us for dinner. It was at the Animators Palate. The food was very good. I had a Macadamia crusted Salmon and Aubrie and Ben had beef tenderloin. The staff gets a kick out of the fact that Aubrie prefers orderinig off the adult menu. It's shrimp and steak for her every night. Tonight, at dinner, they also had a minature show where Mickey and the serving staff performed. I missed the boys! It was weird not having the whole family there, but a little more quiet:) After dinner, we went to the gift shop where Aubrie bought a really cute Disney charm bracelet. I then headed up to get the boys, while Ben secured a place in line for the show. When I got there Boston was having fun playing video games with some kid, and Ethan was just finishing up a painting.

The show tonight was hip hop comedy we had seen the night before, Alfred and Seymour. They were much funnier last night, but they still did a great job. The kids loved every minute of it. They think they are hilarious. They are! After the show we headed up to the top deck for soft serve ice cream and ping pong. Ethan also got some food, because he didn’t get enough at the kids club. (Of course!) Boston loved eating at the kids club. He said it was better than anything he had for dinner. He had MAC & CHEESE and CORN DOGS!!! Go figure! After Sophia finished her second serving of soft serve, we took Ethan and Sophia back to the room, and Boston and Aubrie stayed up on deck playing ping pong, with some kids. Each room has two phones that you can use to call each other on the boat. So that means we have four. Aubrie and Boston both have one, and so do Ben and I! Today we let them have a little more freedom on the boat, knowing we could call them. They loved carrying around their phones with their new found freedom. After they closed the ping pong tables down, the kids came down to the room, and we all ordered room service. They thought that was cool, since we would NEVER order room service in a hotel! Now before me sits a hamburger platter, BLT platter, cheese platter, wings, fruit bowl, cookies and soft drinks....all for FREE!!! The kids think thats the coolest part!:) I think its the epitomy of glutoney!

I’m so tired, and have been since we were tendering back from the dock. We are scheduled for our zipline tour at 9:00 in Peurto Valllarta, but are delayed getting there till 9:15. See the conflict? Hoping it all works out in the morning. I’m so ready for sleep! I sleep so well here. The boat rocks me like a baby:)


0 comments: