Sunday, March 27, 2011

Disney Cruise Day 4

Day 4 (Wednesday, March 16th Puerto Valarta)

(Written March 16th) Today started early for me. I was stressed about missing our port adventure. As soon as I saw the sun was up, I looked for land. Land was right out our window, so I called customer service to see when we would be arriving. They couldn't give me a time, so I decided it would be best to just get up and get ready. As we were headed to breakfast we could see the port from our bedroom window! At breakfast the boat pulled up to the dock, but there were no announcements made of us being there or being able to get off. Ben left to talk to customer service again, and ran into the cruise director, on his way. He said they gangway was open and we could leave. We quickly finished up our breakfast and ran to get off the boat. By then it was 8:45 and we were to be to the stop by 9:00. We made it there in plenty of time, and of course, they were a half hour late in picking us up! By the time they showed up I had to use the restroom. I figured I could hold it, and was a little nervous when they said the ride was an hour and 15 minutes, and then realized the ride was VERY bumpy! The ride up to the zip lines was so pretty. Lots of green mixed with beautiful flowers. A lot of bougainvillea! We were in a canopy bus, so we got to enjoy the nice weather. I spent most my time talking to the lady next me, which made the time go by fast. Also, Sophia passed out in lap and Ethan’s in Ben’s, so it was a nice peaceful ride up.



Once we got there, the workers wasted NO time in getting us geared and and ready to go. Everyone got a kick out of Sophia from the start. When they got her geared up they did this to her!


The staff was hilarious with their introduction, and Boston said they were as funny as the comedians we had on the boat. Boston then said, “I know why Dad is laughing all the time. It’s because he speaks Spanish, and these Spanish people are hilarious!” Once they went through their into, they had up on the lines in no time. The kids took to it like a duck to water. The oldest three went first and then I followed. We thought Sophia would be riding tandem. I didn’t get to see her and Ben go because we got ahead of them. I decided to wait for them to catch up, and when I was expecting to see Ben coming down the line with Sophia, all I saw was Sophia zipping down by herself! She was smiling and laughing and ready to walk to the next one. When Ben came after her, he said she had gone herself the whole time. It was so funny seeing her little body zip lining and hearing her squeal in delight. Again, she stole the show with her bravery and cuteness.


We all had a great time! The boys were so far ahead I didn’t see them till the end. Aubrie had fun sticking with us and watching Sophia. I had a GREAT time myself. It was amazing how fast you went towards the end. A few times I was afraid I would crash. There was one lady who didn’t listen and didn’t break when she was asked too, and she hurt her arm. Boston saw it happen, and it didn’t even scare hiim. He said she was old and wasn’t following directions. LOL

When our zip lining was over, we had about and hour to eat at a restaurant there, and do any of the other activities. They had a monkey house where you could go in the cage and pet them and let them lick yogurt off your hand. They were so cute. You could also hold a tarantula or a snake, but the kids didn’t want to do that! After doing all that, we swam a bit in the river. (We were zip lining over the canyon in the jungle.)


We then enjoyed a nice relaxing ride home. All the kids fell asleep and this time I got to take in more of the scenery. I could have taken a nap myself, it was so nice! Overall, the kids voted this the best activity they have done so far. I agree, it was amazing!





When we got back to the boat, we went on deck to swim a bit, and then hung in the cabin a bit till dinner. Tonight dinner was at Parrot Cay. The food was good and the atmosphere was festive! Our assistant server did some fun magic tricks that the kids were trying to figure out all night. After dinner, we got in line for Toy Story the Musical. While waiting for the musical to start, we got talking to the people in front of us, and found out that the husband is from Newbury Park, and knows my cousins and my friends. His name is Bob Tanner. The only reason I’m writing his name down, is so that I’ll remember when I talk to my friends. Talking to them helped pass the 30 minutes before the show started! The show was excellent! Poor Sophia got her cough on the way back from zip lining and it was acting up really bad during the show. I felt so bad for her. After the show we came back to our rooms to chill. We have our Character Breakfast at 8:00 am tomorrow morning!

One of our



0 comments: