Sunday, March 27, 2011

Disney Cruise Day 8



Day 8 ( Sunday, March 20th)

Sunday we had to wake up early. We had the first breakfast seating at 8:30. OUCH!! It was good though, because we got off the boat first. We had to have everything packed and had to take it with us. Breakfast was our last time to say goodbye to our servers. After breakfast, we had to wait in a lounge nearby for the boat to dock. We were an hour late getting in, so to pass the time I played 7’s with the kids, and Sophia watched Ben play games on his phone. Lucky for us, our luggage tag was the second to be called to disembark. It was cold and raining when we got off. As I was waiting for Ben to pull the car around, I was feeling bad for all the people arriving for their cruise, because of the weatherr. Then, on the other hand, I was wishing I was them! This was the best cruise we have ever been on. The food was excellent, the service was friendly, the amenities and activites were awesome, and the shows were AMAZING! I had the chance to speak to several cruisers, who have been on all the cruise lines, and every one said that Disney far exceeds the others. I agree. While it is more money, it definitely is worth it! I'm glad we gave it a chance. It was hard to drive away from the "Disney Magic!" :) We drove straight home, except for a stop for food and potty breaks. We got in around 5. Enough time to unpack and get situated for school and work the next day. What an amazing family trip. I definitely was not ready for a week or “normal”, and I was still waiting to get my land legs back! I think I’ve convinced Ben to do another one though, so that made it easier to come home. It was time to be back though! We were all welcoming cereal for dinner that first night back, because we were sick of food! The food is good, but after a week, you need a break! Now its time to hit the gym! Good thing I lost 5 lbs before I left, because that gave me 5 lbs to gain!:) I can never resist the endless desserts on those cruise ships!:)

0 comments: