Sunday, March 27, 2011

Disney Cruise Day 7

Day 7 (Saturday, March 19th)

Saturday was hard for me, because I knew it was the last day! I didn’t want it to end! The day was very windy and cold, so we didn’t spend much time up on deck. We slept in again! It felt good! Ben took the kids up to the top deck for the breakfast buffet, and I went to a “ask the captain” seminar. Yes, I am nerdy like that! I had to laugh though, when I walked in the room, all the people there looked like transplants from Sun City. Yes, I was the youngest there by MANY years. Most of them asked questions about the mechanics of the boat. I wanted to know if any (the captain, cruise director, hotel director) of them were married and if so, could their families live in board. Only one of them was married, and he didn’t have any kids. One was divorced. He said that life was hard on their marriage, and the other is still single. Guess I can't sign Ben up for a job on the boat! LOL I also asked how many people were on board, and how many people fit in each life boat. Hee hee! I liked the class though, and found it very informative. After the class, I headed up to get some breakfast on my own. Then I met up with Ben and just relaxed on board a bit before lunch. The kids went to the clubs!

After lunch, Ben took Sophia back to the room for a nap, while I went to the spa for a massage. Ben surprised me with a facial/massage. Doing it the last day was PERFECT! My face needed the extra TLC after all the sun damage, and I could relax, knowing I wasn’t missing out on too many things, since we were at Sea, and the weather wasn’t the best!

The Spa facilities on board were amazing. If I would have seen them earlier, I might have gone to work out, just so I could sit in the nice sauna and enjoy the plush towels and robes, and the nice ambiance in the womans locker room! My massage was so nice and much appreciated!

After my massage I joined Aubrie in the lounge for Bingo. Aubrie was so anxious to play . She had so much fun. Funny how excited she got every time they called a number we had. We didn’t win anything, but she called Ben and told him we won the jack pot! He didn’t think that was funny. We then joined Ben and Sophia in the hot tub. I left early with Aubrie to shower and get ready for our dinner.

The last night was spent in Parrot Cay. It was the "good bye dinner" with a international theme. They put on a show that included cooks coming out with flaming Baked Alaska, and the servers marching around with different flags!

The kids all wrote a good-bye note to our server and assistant server. It was cute.

SURPRISE!!

After dinner, we went to the final show. It was a montage of miniature musical numbers, and showing video of the cruise. They also had one of their variety acts, that we missed, perform. They were a balancing act. From the start I was a little surprised they were performing, since the seas were soooo rocky that night. They were trying to balance 6 pool chairs on one of their chins. When he got the 6th chair on, I leaned to Aubrie and said, “I’m glad we aren’t in the front row this time!” About a minute after saying that, the guy lost control of the chairs and they went tumbling down towards the front row. There were screams and then crying. One of the little boys in the front row was crying that his leg hurt. The mood in the room suddenly changed, and once they carried him off, the rest of the show wasn’t the same. Boston said, after the show, “those guys had a dream and then they lost it!” I felt so bad for them.

After the show, we rushed to our rooms to pack our luggage to put out in the halls. Whatever you don’t put out by 10:30 you have to take out yourself the next day. When we got back to our room there was a certificate for Boston from the kids club, for being the Wii overall champion! He was so excited! I've never been so proud! ha ha! It was crazy trying to get everything packed up, but we got it done and out in time. Then we headed to the atrium for a good bye gathering. There were a few characters out, and it wasn’t terribly exciting. We ditched that, and did some more shopping. Then the kids did the kids club while we went to the last adult cabaret. It didn’t last very long. Afterward we grabbed the kids from the club, and went to bed. The seas were so rocky! I LOVED it! I know that's weird, but it never made me sick and it made it more exciting!


0 comments: